VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

· Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pics from a while ago

and one i just took the other day...

Ive wanted this car for a while now and its basically mine now, though its still not at my house yet. Regardless, I already have a motor that Im building for this thing, already have most of the suspension, I just need some more parts and once I have enough time to finish it all, this will be my race car. The deerkiller, roof rack and lifted suspension all are coming off and are for sale. PM me if you want any, prices will be stupid cheap because I dont need them and I could use some more parts ... also has a sweet red headliner that will be coming out if someone gives me money for it :)

pics of what madness is going on in my garage:

original 1.6 motor from Ruby torn down for parts

heres the bored out 1.6 block that some giant in my hometown sent me :wave:

i havent taken pics of the pistons, but he did so I keep using his pic :laugh:

i just got some more parts, full rebuild kit, with new gaskets and bearings. just need some lube and im going to town, but I might wait and shave the block to increase the compression ratio. just have to see its legal for the class im building the car for. probably going to run it on a 32/36 weber

umm, thats all for now:peace:

· Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it bored out to a 1.8l?
nope, its bored from the stock 79.5mm bore to 80.45mm. total CC is ~1620. with a longer stroke crank it wouldve been 1.8L, but the class im building the car for is 1.6L .

I would personally roll it as is, looks like a Golf Country but automatically better because it's not a MK2.

Kudos to you for saving it :thumbup:
the suspension is for sale, PM me if you're interested:thumbup:

I LIKE
:beer:
:heart: you should see my other project, its hiding in the backround of the garage pics

:laugh::thumbup:
:wave:

· Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Is it lifted?
yes sir, its coming off though for some bilstein sports and h&r race coils with custom made coilovers. once i have the coilover sleeves i will be making the front. the rear will have to wait. the lifted suspension wont do so good on a race track. once again, the suspension on the car will be for sale for anyone else who wants to lift their mk1. PM me

You better not touch the paint.
as a whole, im not touching the paintjob. it will get modified a little, but the shark will always be the shark while i have it.:thumbup:

I am far more interested in the half-covered car in the background of the first picture. :popcorn:
good eye ;) the car is in montana with its owner now. someday it will make a return. it wont be anywhere in this thread though except for what you've already seen

yay saving the shark! I know whats under that cover :)
:wave: hi mark! all the mk1s on the property are getting saved in one way or another. a few have already been moved, theres a few left. im going to be building an ABA turbo with another one and will be selling that. should be a monster when its done.

· Registered
14,525 Posts
1 - 20 of 171 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.