VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What usually happens to you guys in Cali when its time to visit the smog man? Do you simply roll up in a maxed out GTI, pay the $50 and be on your way. Do they mind stuff like big turboes, FMICs, injectors, and AFPRs? Shouldnt a properly setup car pass smog just fine regardless of horsepower output?

BigMike

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, well heres the thing. I love my GTI, its got 22K stock miles now and Id like to do a slightly larger turbo setup. But, I want to be able to switch back to stock software and pass smog. Im an old geezer, and I just like to blast off now and then so I dont need anything too elaborate. Im sort of waiting for ATPs GTSX kit and use with Revo software. A KO-420...I like it already.

Modified by SoniqGTI at 5:00 PM 7-23-2005

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Re: The smog man. (SoniqGTI)

Quote, originally posted by SoniqGTI »
Im sort of waiting for ATPs GTSX kit and use with Revo software. A KO-420...I like it already.

I've heard they are pretty laggy, we'll see them, in "two weeks"

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Re: The smog man. (SoniqGTI)

Quote, originally posted by SoniqGTI »
What usually happens to you guys in Cali when its time to visit the smog man? Do you simply roll up in a maxed out GTI, pay the $50 and be on your way. Do they mind stuff like big turboes, FMICs, injectors, and AFPRs? Shouldnt a properly setup car pass smog just fine regardless of horsepower output?

BigMike

what is your set up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.