VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spoiler on a Corrado is it efficient at creating a down draft????? Or is it there just for show??? I read some of the original adds for the corrado and VW argued how important a spoiler is in racing... Why would you need a down draft at 35mph??? Has someone found a way to make the spoiler lift at say 70mph when it would make more sense to activate it?????

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (B(C)orrado)

VW themselves don't seem to be able to make up their minds when the spoiler should lift. On my first Corrado (16V '90), the spoiler raised at 45mph and on my current one (VR6 '95) it goes up at 65mph.
That's in the UK, though. In Germany, I'm told they go up at 70mph.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (Storm Warning)

My C is imported from Germany, my wing goes up at 120km/h, that is around 70mph i think.
The wing on cars sold in Sweden goes up at 70km/h

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (Breaker_00)

Mine starts to go up at 45 but by the time it is fully extended I'm allready doing 65-70 so whats the point?

·
Registered
19,819 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (maschinenvolkg60)

if you read old Vw literature, the active rear spoiler imprves rear downforce by 64% at speeds above 75MPH.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (a2a4raddo)

Does it really matter??? It has to be the coolest feature ever, on any car hands down...

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (Neo)

quote:[HR][/HR]My C is imported from Germany, my wing goes up at 120km/h, that is around 70mph i think.
The wing on cars sold in Sweden goes up at 70km/h[HR][/HR]​
all are imported from germany

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: The spoiler on a Corrado??? (JediCorrado)

mine goes up at 65km/h,so basically a cop could pull me over for speeding without clocking me by looking at my wing
,good thing cops dont know much about vee dubs..hehehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.