VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The T0oDamnFast Stock Valence Mod

here is the how to:
anybody tempted to do this, i would seriosly only recommend doing it if you are installing your own exhaust. first and formost, drive to pep boys but some jack stands and jack your car's ass up. there is one bolt that suspends the muffler/tips hanging down at the rear of the car, if you already have your exhaust installed, unbolt that, if you dont, install everything but that last bolt and let the tips hang. take a magic marker (washable) and mark off where the exhaust alligns as you raise the tips against your stock valence, mark off a little bit and start cutting... do not cut everything all at once, this is not a 1-2-3 job, it takes patients if you want it to come out like mine... Continue to mark off more and more until you your exhuast sits snugly and the bolt the holds the tips comfortably bolts in. at this point your saying to yourself, "i must have had too much
, the cuts i've made seem so jagged... yuk, i knew T0odamnfast was the only one who could pull this off so smoothly..." but allas have no fear, its nothing that a 4 dollar pack of door lining cant fix, head over to your local autozone, and i belive they have just about any color, so if you want magenta, they can probably accomidate you... make sure you get the door lining in place, and use a hair dryer to kinda melt it in a little, your exhaust tips will do the rest.
have a
and a
and look at all the money you saved and how much your car is going to stand out with your original rear valence

[Modified by T0oDamnFast, 3:13 PM 12-15-2002]

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Re: The T0oDamnFast Stock Rear Valence Mod (tatge)

I was actually going to do this this weekend, I have the cut out the valence and sanded it down with a dremel so its not jagged but I think it would look better with the molding on it so I will def have to go out and buy some of that now.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Re: The T0oDamnFast Stock Rear Valence Mod (ultimate steve)

quote:[HR][/HR]did you do this before or after you painted the valance? ad what did you use to cut it? i have a dremel so im going to use that, but i was wondering what you used.[HR][/HR]​
I just used one of those little brown disks that came with my dremel, they would shatter if you went fast but just work through the valence slow and steady and they work great.

·
Registered
32,664 Posts

this thread almost passed my by
- yeah, i had the valence already painted... thats why if you use a knife, a dremel would chip the paint, otherwise if you plan on painting afterwards, you might as well use a dremel
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21 Posts

TDF-
Question...
I have an aftermarket rear kit (came with the car) and it sits pretty low. The dual side-by-side tips scrape OFTEN.
I would like to just make a cutout in the location ABOVE the tips and run them through an opening in the valence (big closed oval) instead of just tucking them into a "C" shaped cut in the valence. If I cut it with my Dremel and use door sealer, will that keep my tips from beating the holy hell out of that cut? What can I use to stablize the tips? Any suggestions?
I think I can figure the
part out afterwards...

Modified by Jettablk02 at 6:21 PM 7-8-2005

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Re: (phill0046)

Quote, originally posted by phill0046 »

i dislike you.

Quote, originally posted by nismodrifter »
NO PHOTOS BECAUSE DIGITAL CAMERA'S WEREN'T INVENTED AT THE TIME THIS THREAD WAS MADE.

True but Miltek Scanners were!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.