·
Registered
77 Posts
Eric

I like bacon

2004 3.2 S Line

The 1st Day

Shes a dirty girl

Would love recommendations on what to do next to my car... or where the heck to even buy parts for a 3.2 is always much appreciated!

·
Registered
955 Posts
"The TT Roll call thread"

Eric

I like bacon

2004 3.2 S Line

The 1st Day

Shes a dirty girl

Would love recommendations on what to do next to my car... or where the heck to even buy parts for a 3.2 is always much appreciated!
Get a United Motorsports tune and DSG flash, this will really wake the motor up and make the DSG shift and preform much better. Next Evolution Motorsports V flow Air intake and do exhaust flapper mod.

Most of the TT 3.2 parts interchangeable with R32. I received most of my performance mod ideas from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hello folks. Not new to vortex, newish to the TT. Had this one since November, driving since about the holidays. Got it bone stock, just an oil change away from 150k miles. Been lurking, and will continue. Just thought I'd say hey. Done alot to the car for a short time and its been a fun solid daily this far.

2000 180Q 5 speed

Your not getting a picture of me, so here's one of my mk2 golf.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to me 2002

Just picked up this '02 roadster from a friend for $2k, 95K miles, running well, ridiculously fun. Slight manifold/downpipe/something leak, and some exterior niggles, but otherwise a great jump back to VAG from BMW. My last was an '86 5000s :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Too bad photobucket screwed most of the pictures on forums.....damn them!.....

Here is my new to me 2002 TT 225 Quattro. Have already done some work to it. It has a New set of wheels/tires, full stainless turboback exhaust, TIP, CAI, tune is next on the list. Now i am trying to get it to pass emissions....fun fun. Unfortunately the forums on these cars dont seem to be the most active.

Cant get the images to hot link, so i guess you guys will have to click, sorry.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lZGjp9pCfM1SXRNz2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dE4EidRwxwqI6ZNu2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whats up everyone!

Picked up an 02 225Q roadster in red last summer. 124k on the clock. The car had led a hard life, so the first few months were mostly fixing neglect and maintenance. Detailed the leather interior and removed the gross armor all shine. Fixed the body gaps and realigned the doors. Installed a coilover system and replaced every rubber part in the suspension system. Cold weather came along and the car went into the garage on jack-stands and ready for winter tear-down. Changed the turbo gasket (NIGHTMARE!!!) , installed a TIP. This month I'm doing motor mounts and full timing service. Belts, pumps tensioners, and anything else I find along the way.

first day

as she looked before winter

current parking spot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, always working on the TT

Stole her in Colorado after looking for a car for 3 months. The dealership only had her for 3 days when I noticed their mistake. They had her listed as a base model 180 FWD and priced as such. One owner, a 50+ year old lady who was having difficulty getting in and out. Bought it for $7K under value with all the bells and whistles. I assume they told her it was a base 180 and she didn't know any better and the stealership didn't have time to correct the paperwork. Made them stay open 1.5 hrs late. I walked away with my beauty.

On jacks replacing control arms and bushings, tie rod ends, ball joint (Firestone broke, but took no responsibility)(LAST MECHANIC EVER)
-bilstein shocks/ no drop (Dallas roads suck), wheel hubs (yes, w/o a press, worked perfectly with an awesome $60 kit and a 3 pt. puller)

Me at the Lakehouse

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6WrVX8jGMwd9l4I3

Have the 4000+ watt stereo ready, but got destracted with other work on car. Also got swiped by a truck with road raid issues. He attempted to get me out of the car to fight him (Dont do this in Texas). I would not get out, instead I called the police, not because I was scared of him, but because I was scared of what I might do with a legally carried 9mm tucked in my belt. (The police were super nice though and told him why its not a good idea to try and fight people they dont know in their car)

1. Dented the fender, side skirt, door, and bumper (replaced bumper, have door and side skirt painted (ready to go), just have to do alot of paint work on fender)
-Still on engine repair/ upgrades
Anyways these are the installation of the Mechman 375 amp alternator wired to an Opti yellow agm. Perfect fit although mechman says it doesn't. Not too big of a deal, but still searching for a compadible oad pulley or may reset the Alternator, but it came with a solid one which works just fine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cxtQ4uqdCOiY4nmu1

Current task

Replace rear endlinks with adjustable endlinks (no bar as factory is pretty good for traction, just about .5" should fix'er up and improve traction w/o effecting much else.
Install downpipe (alread have it)
FMIC along with RAM air. Cant ram air due to the 2nd SMIC. Any ideas on installation are welcome. Im a big DIYer where I can be to save money while working on the car (strickly a hobby car now) not daily driven. Looking into brazing or bolts for beads to hold silicone and weld/ solder aluminum tubing together or maybe an FMIC ebay kit. I KNOW, but if I take into account the silicone piping I altready have as well as extra, I should be good. I don't plan on going over 400, so Treadstone R6 looks good although the R8 is around the same cost. Just conserned about fitment and PSI loss. Any comments welcome there as well.

Attempting to get all upgrades in place and have a custom flash done after from a shop here that does German cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey All ,

Jason Adams

Massillon Ohio 44647

Just got our project TT last night - pics are on our (wifes) facebook ,

It's at 161,000 miles , runs good , needs a few little things to make into a driver

top separating from glass at top center
crankcase breather on rocker cover split ( looking for replacement - got a part number?)
sway bar links broken
has 20" wheels and new tires.... want to find the stock 16 or 17 inch wheels ( trade? )

on a plus note ECS tuning is 30 minutes from my house :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes ,yes I'm old , it's the only pic I have right now. just taken in key west fl with my father and older brother. March 2021. My father is in the middle , he is 81.

As for the tt, best guess the lower end is stock. I have replaced the timing belt with the gates racing blue belt, water pump ( metal impeller), tensioner, ideler. Timing chain, timing chain tensioner, cam seals camshaft sensor, all new bolts for the camshaft cradles, tensioner. Valve cover gasket. It has a 3" as exhaust system?? The muffler is made by xspower, so maby the whole system is???. Either way I had to wrap the front half from the turbo back to past the bov.( it was right against the timing belt cover melting it).
Now turbo, garret .60 a/r m24
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Auto part Fixture

·
Registered
17 Posts
Soooo...... , ok, well , car makes crazy boost now. 30-35 psi , used to make 27 psi. Everything was fine. Did normal maintenance (100.000mile) timing chain, belt, water pump, all that s#%t. Put it back the same way , minus the coilpack upgrade. Just cant seem to turn the boost back down to again, 20-25 would be nice to.
Been looking at the turbosmart e boost 2. Any input would be appreciated

341 - 360 of 371 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.