VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
18041 - 18060 of 18148 Posts

·
Registered
21’ Jetta 1.4T S 6M
79 Posts
It's honestly pretty amazing how safe the C8 Vette is. It held up shockingly well for slamming into a car at 127mph.

Edit: Found a pic. That monocoque or whatever it is did it's job

It looks to me like it went under the Rav4 vs. dissipating the full energy between the cars. If it fully connected at 127mph, I don’t see the Rav4 occupant surviving that level of acceleration.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Pretty sure I’d prefer the acceleration option. Burning not so quick…
She was probably knocked out from the crash, so hopefully she didn't feel much. At least he'll get to think about how he had pretty much a very bright future until that night......for a few decades.....

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,050 ·
I always love watching cops just acting like other drivers will figure out what is going on. At least he held on to his hat

The driver of the tow truck was cited for failure to obey a stop sign.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Oliphant said the semi-truck driver was cited for "following too closely," which is a $189 fine.

Washington State

State Trooper Rocky Oliphant said the woman was inside her Nissan Altima when the truck behind her failed to stop as vehicles were slowing down on the Skagit River Bridge, in Mount Vernon, on Tuesday morning.

The truck collided with the Nissan, pushing it forward into another truck, causing the car to fold before being runover by the semitruck.

The car was left almost entirely crushed under the truck.

‘When trooper arrived, we could still hear a person inside the car,’ Oliphant told Fox 13. ‘That person was able to get out of the car and walk out themselves.’

‘It is beyond words to describe how somebody was able to walk away from that car.’
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
18041 - 18060 of 18148 Posts