VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made up my mind that if the next car purchase isn't a new crossover for baby mama it's either gonna be a C5 convertible or a C6 coupe

High production numbers, simple + abundant drivetrain, daily driver comfort, godly aftermarket, motorsport grade chassis, long storied history, TORQUE... and most importantly, the opportunity to make the uncool cool in true hipster fashion. Jorts included

The only challenge for me is finding pics of Corvettes with cool, non-chrome wheels. Anyway:

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
This sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbup::thumbup: C4 ZR-1s are sort of affordable too, but probably miss the mark on the super cheap front.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've owned both a C5 Z06 and a C6 Z06. They're awesome cars. Cheap to buy, cheap to insure, cheap to run. Honestly the worst part about them are other corvette owners and the corvette community. Both are great, but the C6 was really a step up in every way.

Here's a pic of my C5 and a pic when I traded the C5 in for the C6.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The C5 was just wrapping up production when I was a child and the C5 Z06 remains one of my all time favorite cars. I'll own one someday, ideally soon.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
C6 coupes are incredible cars for the money. I want one if we ever move out of this hell hole. Add a couple of good seats and enjoy. Jetstream Blue or orange 2009-13 with gray interior and clear roof for me.

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, you complained you couldn’t find many pics of Corvettes without chrome wheels, then you posted a couple. What’s the confusion?
It's called humor :confused: I honestly feel sorry for you and apologize for whatever has made you this angry. Lighten up

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Is it me, or does the C6 looks worse than C5 with those ****ty, ferrari wannabe headlights?

I would love me some c5 z06 though.

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it me, or does the C6 looks worse than C5 with those ****ty, ferrari wannabe headlights?

A C5 with the C6's tail would be the perfect Vette looks wise. But in a way I feel like the FRC/convertible manage that badonkadonk better. I just can't warm up to the C5 coupe

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
18,873 Posts
If I was going to get a Corvette that wasn't a C8, it'd be a Jetstream blue C6 GS with the silver hash marks. I'd even take these chrome 5 spoke wheels, as I think the jewelry sets off the Jetstream blue just right.

Although this one would be a great runner up:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750418663/overview/

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

The C5 is the one with the garbage headlights and the C5 Z06 is the worst of all C5/C6/C7 worlds. Worst headlights, worst roof, worst trunk, worst rear end, and worst interior.

Source: Owned C5Z for 4 years. Wished I had bought a C5/C6 coupe instead.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,909 Posts
This may have been caused by the fact that the camera car that caught you wreck your Nissan Brougham, was a Corvette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This may have been caused by the fact that the camera car that caught you wreck your Nissan Brougham, was a Corvette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another proud member of the secret TCL CTK fan club. You must have that screen shot as your desktop photo.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts