VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With the Fiesta discontinued, Ford only makes 2 cars now.

The rest are all trucks, vans, and SUVs

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
They forgot quite a few..

Aston Martin Vanquish (replaced by DBS)
Audi A3 Cabriolet
BMW 3 Wagon
Cadillac CT6 (same as regal- there is an early 2020 model, then dead)
Infiniti QX30
Infiniti Q70
Fiat 500
Hyundai Santa Fe XL (replaced by Palisade)
Nissan Versa Note (killed by Kicks)
Nissan 370Z Roadster

·
Banned
524 Posts
Lincoln MKC?

All they did was retire the name. The car is still here, in its next generation, with a new name.

Fake news.

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
The corsair was technically all new based on the new Escape; I got schooled on this argument already.
All new except for the trunklid! That sucker was so expensive they carried it over with new holes for the tail lights.

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
27,514 Posts
Eh, most of those cars are not memorable to me. I'm sure they're all fine as transportation, but not exactly something that's interesting. This just seems to represent that normal people are choosing a different path for the normal vehicles they typically buy. I do wonder though, when they say that the VW Sportwagen is dead, does that mean it's actually dead or on hiatus until the mkVIII becomes available? The only car on the list that I'm maybe a little sad they're doing away with is the XJ. Always liked the styling of these and thought they were pretty solid vehicles. Not something I have any great interest in owning---which I guess is a common sentiment.

·
Banned
524 Posts
The corsair was technically all new based on the new Escape; I got schooled on this argument already.
Um, yeah--it's the next generation of that vehicle, on a new platform--just like what happens with every carmaker.

It's the exact same place in the lineup, the same size, etc. So they moved to an updated platform and made upgrades--it's still the same car, just the next generation.

All they did was retire the name at the same time.

It's things like this that carmakers use to try to get (stupid) people to buy into their continuing embarrassing failures. "What, they're not buying it? Change the name!" The VP gets his bonus and moves on, and everyone comes to realize it's still the same thing they've always been fed.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,177 Posts
The Sportwagen and Alltrack give me a sad.

I don't care about the rest.

·
Registered
17,751 Posts
Um, yeah--it's the next generation of that vehicle, on a new platform--just like what happens with every carmaker.

It's the exact same place in the lineup, the same size, etc. So they moved to an updated platform and made upgrades--it's still the same car, just the next generation.

All they did was retire the name at the same time.

It's things like this that carmakers use to try to get (stupid) people to buy into their continuing embarrassing failures. "What, they're not buying it? Change the name!" The VP gets his bonus and moves on, and everyone comes to realize it's still the same thing they've always been fed.
I think the MKC sold pretty well (it wasn't a failure).
Lincoln changed names because TCL and car enthusiasts hate alphanumeric names on American cars.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
So Jag gave up on the XJ SAD, as the current one led the way with bringing back style to the D class(since the e65) , wasnt it also the first with a digital cluster also

1 - 20 of 68 Posts