VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
The only ones that upset me are the CTS-V and the Beetle. Though, all of these ending production make sense. They're not selling, we (TCL) may enjoy seeing the Beetle, CTS, Golf-wagon (which might make a comeback in 2021), but they're just not selling. People voted with their wallets. It is sad though, the people who generally like these vehicles are young people who would be buying used. Cars also last longer now, my dad's Jetta has 250k, why should he buy anything? His commute is 24 miles round trip. The only thing he considers is a "mild EV", but he always says, "The best feature on that Jetta? No car payments." The VW electric wagon sparked his interest, so did the RS6, but until that diesel motor starts to run away, I don't think he'll be picking anything up. And when he does, it'll probably be another beater because of how short his commute is. Worst case, he calls a co-worker and says, "Hey, if you can take a fifteen and grab me on the side of the road? I'll pay for lunch today."

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The roadster is the only one being discontinued, they will still make the coupe. Put away your pitchforks and extinguish your torches.
That doesn't surprise me, since I thought Nissan had no plans to discontinue the Z. In fact the interview I read with Nissan's VP was very positive towards cars like the Z and GT-R. He was basically talking about how Nissan needs halo cars like the Z and GT-R. He also mentioned the Patrol too or a SUV not sold in America. https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/browse-range/patrol.html

·
Registered
20,598 Posts
Not sure why they listed trims as discontinued models. The 2020 Sentra is redesigned and just happens to not have that trim anymore/yet. But that doesn't mean it's a discontinued model..
These lists can be misleading. A model year gap can show up as a cancelled model, as can a name change (CT4 is just a refreshed ATS, CT5 is a bit more of a change in looks but still thenext-gen CTS).

That being said do we think Nissan's likely to do another Sentra Nismo? Seems like this is a death rattle for that sort of sport compact.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Never seen most of these cars. Its sad about the VWs but it just tells me that anything but an SUV/Crossover is dead.
The Bug is definitley dead (wouldn't be surprised to see it again though) the golf wagon is probably going to come back in a year or two though. I see plenty Alltracks up here in Minnesota, and lots of TDI wagons, but I'm uncertain of how often they sell. Most people that want wagons are the practical type. And for them, the most practical thing is what still runs and is paid off.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts