VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find a ton of helpful articles in this forum, but it's never without digging through a number of posts that were only useful when they included the posters original pictures. I don't know what the solution is, but if there was some way to see those images a lot of old posts would become very useful again. I have only posted a couple of times and have been using imgur, will my pictures also disappear from my posts? What's the most reliable way to include images that won't disappear themselves later on?

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts
The issue is that over the past 20+ years that this forum has been around, both free and paid online image hosts have come & gone, or changed their rules on hot-linking content. When the hosts go away, so do the images that are embedded here in the forums. What I see as the 2 most reliable ways to keep images available would be to create your own host/image server, or for the forums to start allowing users to attach images directly. However, the latter creates additional performance load on the forum and subsequently operating costs. This would likely be addressed by increasing advertising, or creating a subscription based system. Neither are preferable so steps towards native hosting have not been made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts