VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking forward to the call from VW since I bought the car to relate my dealership experiences. I think I got the point across, but I don't think they fully understood just how bad Queensway VW in Toronto treated me. It almost made me buy Japaneese.
On the other hand, the saving grace for VW was Georgetown VW. They have been really good to me, and I bought from them.
I am not done complaining to VW yet about Queensway. Is there a number I can call in Canada to tell them how bad Queensway is? There are serious issues with this dealership and I want them to pay for wasting 2 weeks of my time. Dealerships like Queensway give VW a really bad name and they should know about it.
Oh ya, and if Queensway thinks I'm afraid of being sued, they can think again. I am only telling the truth, and want more people to know about it. That is still legal isn't it?
Nerio.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Re: They called me! (nerio)

Try calling VWoC and tell your story to them...see what they say. You can get thier number from the vw web site.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Cool. I will. Who all have had bad experiences with Queensway. Report in here so I can tell VW that I am not the only one with a bad experience. I will even go so far as to send them this thread if enough people have had bad experiences with Queensway. Dealerships like this need to go under.
Nerio.
BTW, go to Georgetown VW. You will not regret it.

·
Banned
446 Posts

Nerio,
I support you 100%. I ALWAYS tell people to STAY AWAY from Queensway VW Dealership. If people want to buy a VW they should go somewhere else. (GeorgeTown, Agincourt, etc....).
Add me to the list. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Good to hear that I am not on crack. We need more people on this list. I will then approach VW directly with this. Queensway did nothing but waste my time and went so far as to not wanting to sell me a damn car even if I was paying in cash.
Put your name here along with your bad experience with Queensway, or any other dealer in the Toronto area. We are doing VW and their potential buyers a service by keeping this list.
Nerio.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Is there a forum link to your problems?
I purchased my '01 Golf GLS TDI at Queensway on Nov 4/00 and haven't had any problems since, for service or parts. I even took a friend of mine there and she paid cash for her '02 Golf GLS, and got some free sh_t from the VW store.
Mike...

·
Registered
132 Posts

yeah, screw those guys, we need to keep VW a good name in which it deserves. If none of the other guys suggestions work then you will have to go straight to the head of all car dealerships association. They will take care of it for you.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Oh ya, sorry for not posting links to the problems I've had with Queensway. Just do a search by creator "nerio" and you can see the problems I've had with them.
Nerio.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts

better be careful what you say, I hear there are lawyers lurking in these forums now.. waiting to take people down for saying not so nice things about dealerships... judge whopner is in da house!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Ok, lets assume that there is a lawyer here, and a person from that dealer as well. They can sue me for saying the truth? This is not slander. This is what I experienced at that dealership. I am simply making people aware of the horrible service I got when I went to Queensway, and that I would have bought japaneese if it were not for Georgetown. Do you not think it is in VW's best interest to keep their dealers in check? If it were not for Georgetown, my $37,000 cash would have gone to Nissan instead of VW.
How could I possibly be in any kind of legal trouble by stating my experiences and opinions?
Nerio

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I am not saying that Queensway treats everybody like crap. I am simply saying that I was treated very badly by them, and I am curious to know if other people are having similar experiences. If they are, and are in the majority, there is cause for concern.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I have been told by numerous sources and a die hard VW friend of mine to deal with either Don Valley VW or Owasco VW. Any experiences from either of these dealerships? I certainly see a lot of Owasco VW license plate do-dad's around the city...
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: They called me! (Ravah)

Well, I would stay away from Don Mills.
Went in to look at a Wolfsberg back in Feb or March and told him what I wanted (sales manager, that is) and was told no. Wouldn't order something that I wanted because he was worried if I didn't take it he would be stuck with the extras..
WTF?!!
Was going to buy my car at Villa but had problems there, putting a deposit down, then getting the car a month later, they didn't want to do that..so no sale for them. Best one I have heard in the city is either Downtown Fine Cars (if anyone know this place they will know why, hehhe) or Agencourt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Look at it this way, Queensway won some kind of award for being a good business. I hear that commercial on my way to work pretty often.
I went there with cash in hand. On one of my trips, my friend pointed to me and said that I needed help. The receptionist thought he was pointing at an S8 on the floor. I was standing in front of the S8. The lady replied... "Thats an S8. Its locked for a reason." She thought my buddy wanted to sit in it.
I am just about to part with almost $40,000 of my hard earned money, and the bloody dealer thinks a 23yr old should not be allowed to sit in an S8!!!! And I didn't even ask to sit in it in the first place!!!! Go figure.
Is this the kind of service they won that award for? Meanwhile, a small dealership like Georgetown VW treats me like gold. They were good enough to me that I bought my car within 15 minutes of being there, and at lower than the price I was willing to pay!!!! In my opinion, they should get the award.

Nerio.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: They called me! (lcohen999)

I know what you mean by liking downtown fine cars. I drive by it everyday on my way to work. They should board up the windows or something because everybody who drives by there just stares at the exotic cars and almost gets into accidents.
Nerio

·
Registered
70 Posts

I can't believe that they wouldn't even consider letting you in the S8
I'm 22 and at the Autoshow last year I was invited to come down and test the 2001 M3 that Town and Country had by one of their sales reps! I mean yeah I was dressed up and acted the part but age shouldn't mean anything when it comes to buying a car...MONEY TALKS it's that simple.
Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Owasco? I was told that Agincourt had good sales, but messed up service. Cedarbrea I'm just going to stay away from (the guy quoted me MSRP - $100 for a 2002 Jetta, and trying to push it on me as if I'd cave).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts