VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So one thing that drives me nuts as a passenger is when the driver just keeps staring through their fogged up windshield, not bothering to turn that dial to defrost and turn the fan up a few notches.
This has happened multiple times with me. I try to be a good passenger, I don't complain that their car is dirty as sin or that their windows look like they've NEVER been washed, but how can they NOT see the fact that their windshield is fogged up beyond belief and that the manufacturer has graciously provided a convenient way to do away with that so that you can SEE where you are going?
This has happened on multiple occassions with a few different pals and I just don't get it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Re: things other people do in their car that irritate you (Sporin)

I don't like it when people smoke in their car with the windows up. Please don't destroy my lungs too.

·
Registered
24,106 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Sporin »

So one thing that drives me nuts as a passenger is when the driver just keeps staring through their fogged up windshield, not bothering to turn that dial to defrost and turn the fan up a few notches.
This has happened multiple times with me. I try to be a good passenger, I don't complain that their car is dirty as sin or that their windows look like they've NEVER been washed, but how can they NOT see the fact that their windshield is fogged up beyond belief and that the manufacturer has graciously provided a convenient way to do away with that so that you can SEE where you are going?
This has happened on multiple occassions with a few different pals and I just don't get it.

My heater fan doesn't work.

·
Registered
709 Posts
FV-QR

I hate it when people drive older cars with nice soft brakes and wait til the last second to do any braking whatsoever. I always feel like we're going to rear end the person in front of us.
I also hate it when people can't maintain a consistent speed.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Re: FV-QR (bcramer v2.0)

When ppl throw the car into Drive or first without letting the car come to a complete stop when reversing.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Subwoofers)

Quote, originally posted by Subwoofers »
When ppl throw the car into Drive or first without letting the car come to a complete stop when reversing.

Slushbox http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
Re: FV-QR (bcramer v2.0)

when it's really hot outside (FL weather) and they decide they're just gonna put the windows down instead of turn the A/C on

Or when they stay on the left lane and refuse to move to the right lane.
Even though there's noone on the right lane.
Or plain underinflated tires.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

Drive significantly slower than surrounding traffic.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Re: things other people do in their car that irritate you (Nubbin)

Blab on the phone.

·
Registered
92 Posts

...I'd politely say something like, "Dude, you should really get that looked at as soon as possible because that's just irritating as hell," then lightly chuckle afterward.

·
Registered
92 Posts

...er... how 'bout people that have to GO TEN MILES OVER the speed limit just to overtake and pass you, then swerve back in front of you, only to be found less than a hundred yards ahead and stopped at a light behind a line of cars that were there before them!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Re: things other people do in their car that irritate you (peachypotpies)

1) Driving with no lights on and it's dusk or just past dusk.
2) When your setting at an intersection turning left and the cars turning left on the right side of the intersection glare, stare or look at you as they go by. Even worse as it seems like they are purposely trying to turn into you as close as they possibly can without hitting you even though you are legally behind the cross walk

3) Cars next to you at a light that pull up and get next to you and are either starring at you or looking at your car/ truck.
4) People that roll down the window and spit. This is about the grossest thing while driving to me. I've actually had a guy spit and seen a little bit of spray on my windshield because of it

5) Loud bass coming from a crappy car and having all the blue hairs look at me because it looks like the [email protected]$%*#% bass could be coming from my car.
-Ryan

Modified by CarGuru916 at 5:49 PM 1-6-2009

·
Registered
92 Posts

Quote, originally posted by peachypotpies »
Blab on the phone.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,740 Posts

Quote, originally posted by peachypotpies »
Blab on the phone.

I only have a bluetooth because I have Henry Kissinger on call waiting.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

I relate that to a windshield completely glazed-over with winter salt-n-sand spray, when road conditions are always less than optimal.
If I, as a passenger, can not see out the entire windshield, why do I trust you as the driver to pilot this craft while essentially blinded by spray and glare all over the windscreen??? Don't you know how to time bursts of washer spray to fully clean the swept-path of the wipers while at speed? ay carumba!

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Re: things other people do in their car that irritate you (VR6ix)

If I'm a passenger while someone else is driving and they are trying to maintain a fairly consistent speed:
Press accelerator
Release accelerator
Press accelerator
Release accelerator
Press accelerator
Release accelerator
Press accelerator
Release accelerator
Press accelerator
Release accelerator
Press accelerator
Release accelerator