VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Re: things to replace at 100k (toothbrush)

Forgotten stuff
Rear wheel bearings inspect and repack them.
Brake fluid flush it with DOT 4 Castrol LMA
I'm even anal enough to flush the power steering fluid, just make sure to use the right ****
Replace all the crumbly vacuum lines in the engine compartment. Don't use that cheap rubbish hose bought at vatozone or Krappens. The dealer has the right cloth braided **** for the job.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: things to replace at 100k (packthis)

Yes i have a 2.0 and plus. I wouldn't want change the motor. Unless i have the money for a vr then that's a different story.
Okay so timing belt kit. Changing of the vac. Hoses. Maybe all hoses.
Flushing out all fluids possibly power steering.
And soon have to change my oil at 98k so ill also get my coolant changed.
Dot

Modified by stewie griffin at 10:48 PM 7-12-2009

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Re: things to replace at 100k (stewie griffin)

replace the hoses while you do the coolant flush, instead of wasting that expensive vw coolant later down the road. might as well replace the air filter along with the fuel filter. and if you have the time knock out the heater core.

Modified by redskinsboy326 at 10:52 PM 7-12-2009

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: things to replace at 100k (redskinsboy326)

the heater core is such a hassel.. But its worth it. I guess. While I'm in that area. Which i believe its in the same area ill check my vents. Anywhere else i should check and replace? And its okay i don't have to worry about my windows fallin down. I got lucky with that and got manual windows. But it sucks trying to find black door cards.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have beige doorcards. With couple scuffs. a whole in da passenger side.and the grab handles are cracking? Idk something ha. Bought the car with them. I'm trying to convert the inside with black cards, seats,center console, carpet, and the back thing that by the back windsheild

·
Registered
491 Posts

Water pump should be done with timing belt and while you're at it with coolant and oil drained replace the o-ring on top of the oil cooler. It can be done without draining coolant but is much easier if you can disconnect the two hoses.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Re: things to replace at 100k (stewie griffin)

Quote, originally posted by stewie griffin »
im actually getting a new one cause its slipping. and when i have my mechanic do it. and tell him to take a look at the seals

If he is doing the clutch, might as well replace those 3 seals and the push rod bushing. Its like $20 worth of parts and will last another 100k http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.