VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Think my frame may be bent.... (Vdub18)

I stay ion top of the allignment, and keep the tires well balanced. The car does pull to the left, and I imagine its about due for another alignment, but it seems that no matter how I have it alligned, the tires still wear uneven.
-- Whol

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Think my frame may be bent.... (hondastastelikechicken)

no, this happened last time. Have changed wheels and tires since then... After a while, the tires wore out, and started having mad vibrations. Had odd tire wear (on the inside of the wheel) and one spot on the tire was bald across the tire (like it was bouncing, or stopping on that one spot)
-- Whol

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Re: Think my frame may be bent.... (Wholsea)

Could your frame be bent? Have you been in an accident or hit a humongous pothole? Has this been happening since you owned the car? Are you the original owner? Answering some of these questions may help you figure out why your tires are wearing funny.

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Re: Think my frame may be bent.... (Zwoobah)

funny, i gottt a problem with uneven wheel wear too. The front ones are bald about 3 months after i get em, while the rears are still like new
Craziest thing....cant figure it out

sorry i cant help!

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Re: Think my frame may be bent.... (Wholsea)

Check your struts. They could be worn. This is common in cars that have quite a few miles on them. Wheels usually vibrate if lugs are loose, or wheel is bent.
Patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.