VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
moderators please dont move this post. the suspension forum is desolate and I need advice. all mk4 traffic is here and I know many have H&R cupkits
thanks

my H&R front driver side strut feels bent. when I put my hand inbetween I have about a fingers gap between the shock and the back sidewall of the wheel. the other side seems to have better clearane(2-3 fingers) Im affraid its going to go all the way and I dont want that. should I call 1552 where I purchased it from or H&R directly? what should I do in the meantime??????
install my stock shock with the H&R spring? will it still sit the same height? I know that it will not ride the same but Im not worried abou that if its just for the time it takes to get a new 1. I just dont want to get f*cked on the way to waterfest

any suggestions

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: think the cupkit is bent!! PLEASE READ (gtikiller)

Get the front end off the ground, take off the wheels and take a look!
1552 is on "haitus", which for you, means they're closed/gone. W/proof of purchase contact H&R, if a warranty claim is in order.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: think the cupkit is bent!! PLEASE READ (Jman5000)

contact H&R, 1552 really wont be able to do anything for you.
Oh and for all those H&R cupkit buyers, this is what the whole bending fiasco was about. For now you can probably put back on both from stock shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts