VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I didn't think my seats were very comfy, or supportive, a feeling I know alot of people share here on Vortex...so tonight I tried something....
Normally I have the seat low, and angled back.....this time, I raced it almost straight up and down.....
WOW what a difference! Seat gives great support, no lower back pain, and it held me in place MUCH better...
Just something to think about....

· Registered
4,543 Posts
Re: Think your GTI seats are not comfy??? Try this... (Mackie-1604)

I've noticed this too...before i had my seat to the "chill" position and last week when i went prowling for some H/A i adjusted it so it was more in a "racing" set up.... back almost straight up, steering wheel closer/not tilted as up. It actually felt better driving like that than "half thuggish" Now i just have to adjust everything so it sits perfect... So right about the back pain, you don't get it AT ALL. I'm diggin my seats

· Registered
19,985 Posts

Also if you jam something into the pouch you can alter the mid-back support.
My seat was quite uncomfortable one day... turned out it was the big-ass CD wallet in the pouch.

· Registered
1,307 Posts

Duhhhhh
It's a car not a couch
The laid back driving position was an innercity development which provides a smaller target area. The posers adopted it so they can look bad.

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Re: Think your GTI seats are not comfy??? Try this... (longtom45)

Granted. Large folks need the room.
Most of the people I've noticed driving laid back are young and thin. Perhaps they're the ones I notice because that's what I see when I look around to see where the annoying THUMP THUMP THUMP noise is coming from. I gotta laugh when I see their lights dimming in time to the music and wonder what their hearing will be like in a few years.
Oh well, I can still remember what it was like to be young and imortal.
Enjoy

· Registered
30,150 Posts
Re: Think your GTI seats are not comfy??? Try this... (Green-Golf)

Wow! You're even older than I am. And I was going to post that I can't remember what it was like to be young and immortal, as it was so very long ago.
Have a GREAT Thanksgiving all!

· Registered
286 Posts
Re: Think your GTI seats are not comfy??? Try this... (turborave)

quote:[HR][/HR]all you see is the bill of thier hat peeking out from the b pillar down in the corner..
and a hand comming out of nowhere on top of the wheel...[HR][/HR]​
LOL!!!
Imagine the neck strain they get from peeking over the dash!

· Banned
2,644 Posts
Re: Think your GTI seats are not comfy??? Try this... (steez)

Have you ever noticed that besides having the seat back almost horizontal they also have a tendancy to lean toward the middle of the car so when you see them from the back you'd swear they have the shifter stuck up their butts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.