VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the topic says, im thinking about getting an xm radio. does anyone have this installed? if so, is it worth the ten bucks a month? i drive up and down the east coast alot, and i hate scanning the radio in dead zones, and i hate stopping and loosing time when i switch the cd magazine in the trunk. will i be able to keep my factory monsoon system, and install an xm, perhaps into the dead space pocket above my radio? any help appreciated!

A

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Re: thinking about an XM radio (austieB2.ohhh)

I'd wait to see whether XM or Sirius is going to be the dominant system. I read that XM's signal get's blocked a lot b/c of how their satellites orbit the Earth. This will get a better answer in the Audio forum though, so:
Vor in der Verriegelung
oder
was sind Sie sprechendes Willis?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: thinking about an XM radio (austieB2.ohhh)

well worth it...same station coast to coast.....xm doesnt get blocked out....very little if any......they supposedly have ground repeaters in place current and are suppose to put more up in the future.....

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
Re: thinking about an XM radio (MatchStick)

There's an EXCELLENT article you should all read in the latest issue of Car & Driver. It explains the differences between the two. Personally, I think I'd go with Sirius, as it doesn't have commercials and it seem the satellites are better placed that XM.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Re: thinking about an XM radio (ars-one)

Not sure if this is true but...Audio shop that installed my system
told me to keep my stock monsoon head unit b/c it was xm ready.
Apparently it has an input for it on the back. Go to a shop that deals
with a lot of xm and see what they say, might save some money.
Don't let them sell you a FM modulator for it though. It turns that
clear digital signal into FM quality. Oh yeah mines a 2002 and
has a different harness than earlier years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.