VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought the new Forge Blow off valve

Simple in execution, yet offering the highly desirable blow-off valve sound, this product has been designed to allow atmospheric valve operation that is 100% compatible with the ME9 Bosch engine management systems currently employed on the following vehicles:
- A5 Audi A3 2.0 Turbo FSI
- B7 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo FSI
- A5 Volkswagen Golf GTI/Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo FSI
- B6 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 Turbo FSI
Modified by TDIVegas at 2:02 PM 9-8-2005

Modified by TDIVegas at 2:12 PM 9-8-2005

· Registered
4,768 Posts
Kinda rice, since it doesn't do anything to increase performance. BUT, I do love the sound they make! I say go for it! Hell, you're gonna run out of stuff to mod pretty soon.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (FUZE)

Quote, originally posted by FUZE »
Kinda rice, since it doesn't do anything to increase performance. BUT, I do love the sound they make!

I went ahead and ordered it. Just adds some points when it's shown at dubfest. The valve is only 69 bucks. It will be here monday.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (FUZE)

Quote, originally posted by FUZE »
Hell, you're gonna run out of stuff to mod pretty soon.

Never lol. There is still Nav, Helios wheels, and um....... well I wll figure something out hehe

· Registered
4,768 Posts
Re: (TDIVegas)

Quote, originally posted by TDIVegas »
Hopefully the Donkey will arrive with my tailights from Germany about the same time.

Make sure he shows you this when he arrives...

· Registered
42,107 Posts
So is a blow-off valve okay on these new 2.0Ts, or does it follow the same example set by the 1.8T in that a BOV really isn't a smart move?
I suppose you'll find out...

· Registered
2014 DE GTI
1,152 Posts

They are supposed to be pretty loud and may become annoying after a few weeks. Let us know how you like it and how it sounds - for $69 and a quick install/removal time it might be pretty cool. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Braunschwagen at 7:08 PM 9-8-2005

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Braunschwagen)

Quote, originally posted by Braunschwagen »
They are supposed to be pretty loud and may become annoying after a few weeks. Let us know how you like it and how it sounds - for $69 and a quick install/removal time it might be pretty cool. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Braunschwagen at 7:08 PM 9-8-2005

No performance increase just something to mess with.

· Registered
7,460 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
So is a blow-off valve okay on these new 2.0Ts, or does it follow the same example set by the 1.8T in that a BOV really isn't a smart move?
I suppose you'll find out...

It's not technically a BOV because it doesn't release pressurized air into the atmosphere. It sits right after the turbo in the intake tract and as far as I can tell just makes the noise of a BOV without letting any air out of the intake.

· Registered
454 Posts
Re: (jddaigle)

No, it lets air out.
But it lets the wrong air out. The recirc. valve recirculates the air in the intake system from the pressure side to the intake side to increase turbo speed(less lag). Why vent it? The only reason is for the noise. I would rather the air stay moving in the intake system then pointlessly vent it. Only time will tell. Why not make an actual blow off valve instead of a wastegate?

· Banned
7,448 Posts

This component is an adapter that converts the factory diverter valve into an atmospheric blow-off valve.
Yes it vents air into the atmosphere, and yes, it is 100% compatible with the ECU, and there are no fault codes, check engine lights, nor drivability issues.
A diverter/blow-off/bypass valve is designed to vent pressure at throttle lift to prevent compressor surging. A wastegate is a component used to limit the amount of boost a turbo makes on any given application. A wastegate vents exhaust gas at a certain point to stop the turbo from spooling any further.

· Registered
218 Posts
Re: (M[email protected])

I have this BOV in my GTI for a few weeks now and still love the sound it makes, no errors or problems, just that awesum PSSHHH. Also love those twisted necks when I pass a group of young guys.. owww and the ladies??? they stop walking and turn around gently... wondering how I managed to blow there skirts up
<-figuratively speaking

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (sniperviperman)

Quote, originally posted by sniperviperman »
I have this BOV in my GTI for a few weeks now and still love the sound it makes, no errors or problems, just that awesum PSSHHH. Also love those twisted necks when I pass a group of young guys.. owww and the ladies??? they stop walking and turn around gently... wondering how I managed to blow there skirts up
<-figuratively speaking

awesome glad to hear from someone who has it installed. I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.