VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys and girls i need to talk to some experienced FI people cuz i was thinking about getting a gt28rs kit which is hardware only, so i'm looking for suggestions on software and curious to know what some people are doing for fueling.......injectors, maf's, and fuel pumps and regulators............i have searched extensively and people talk alot about their setups and what they have and what they want but they seem to be speaking in a language i dont understand yet, but need to if i'm to do this the right way...........please give a fellow vortexer a hand and school me..........besides i'm sure that there are alot of people that are interested in doing a turbo upgrade/setup but who cant find the information..........i figure with some good responses we could get this sticky and have a good reference tool..........thanks in advance for your patience and help............
FYI: my car is a 00 gti 1.8t, chipped w/ all the bolt-on's plus a stage 2 clutch and l/w flywheel and a quaife diff
this is the atp kit i'm interested in...........http://www.atpturbo.com/Mercha...e=ACS

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: thinking about getting a atp gt28rs kit, need to talk to some people (nbrooke23)

anyone? li'l help?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Re: thinking about getting a atp gt28rs kit, need to talk to some people (nbrooke23)

APR for software http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Actually,APR for the whole stage 3 kit

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Re: thinking about getting a atp gt28rs kit, need to talk to some people (Bad Habit)

Talk to speedyg on the tex. Ya getting an APR stage 3 would be the easiest solution, but you just need the right size maf,fpr, injectors, and chip
That does seem like a biatch

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: thinking about getting a atp gt28rs kit, need to talk to some people (MDTurborocco)

thanks for the replies guys! i have looked into an apr stage 3 kit but i only have one apr dealer that is close to me and the times i've called to ask questions or for advice they dont seem interested in my business so why should i spend the money with them? besides the apr stage 3 kit is good for 300 whp and the gt28rs with the right fueling and software is good for 350+ so what the hell..........

anybody else? tell me what i need to make the "hardware only" kit run right?

·
Registered
15,039 Posts

APR stage 3 will run like a dream everyday.
with the ATP kit, you're on your own. You can do some great fannagling with the 1.8t, but if you don't want to have to worry about it get the stage 3.
My buddy has an ATP st2 kit installed. He ran out of money to work on fueling, so it's not running up to par. Fitting that setup was a PITA.
300whp, 350 whp... when you're done burning out you won't know the difference

·
Registered
286 Posts
APR stage 3+ might be a solution....
and I think APR will sell the kit to you mail order... so you can cut the middle man out

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Re: (teknik)

The GT28rs is basically a glorified super 60 with a .63 turbine section.A little bit to think about.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Re: (KOOTER)

Aha yeah I was thinking the same thing.
But, if you can afford the whole kit, plus more money for the things the kit is missing and the software, more power to you.
You should find out if you have a local Upsolute rep, there is a great Upsolute program for the GT28RS.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Kor)

this is great, this is what i needed to hear.......real comments and not marketing............. thanks guys.......so maybe i just need to find an apr dealer further away from me if i dont want to spend my money with those jokers at my local apr dealer...........what i need to do is find an apr stage 3 owner near me and take a drive to see if it's worth it...........$4500 bucks for the kit plus installation
i guess you gotta pay to play.............any other help anyone else can offer? keep the comments coming!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Re: (nbrooke23)

If you can find a local tuning shop that does a lot of custom turbo upgrades, they can probably source the parts they need on their own, including a turbo, and install everything for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts