VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first of all i havent been on here for awhile because I've been looking at wrx's.

My sister's boyfriend is selling his VR6 and im interested in buying it. he's selling it for 4500 and the car is just absolutely BABIED. He's clearly an enthusiast and takes such good care of it. The only thing im skeptical of is it has like 270,000 km on it.

So that's my issue, I have never owned a VW but would love to. Please let me know what you guys think of this.

Cheers,

JD

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Hey everyone, first of all i havent been on here for awhile because I've been looking at wrx's.

My sister's boyfriend is selling his VR6 and im interested in buying it. he's selling it for 4500 and the car is just absolutely BABIED. He's clearly an enthusiast and takes such good care of it. The only thing im skeptical of is it has like 270,000 km on it.

So that's my issue, I have never owned a VW but would love to. Please let me know what you guys think of this.

Cheers,

JD
Whats that in miles? and since i take you are from canaderrr you should definitely check for RUST, and 4500 is steep for a mk3 with im assuming appx 165k on it....

·
Registered
1998 Volkswagen golf GL 1997 Volkswagen Golf Joker
10,080 Posts

Cheers,

JD
might as well jump on, everyone else is wanting/buying mk3's:thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the miles would be 168 K miles. And no there is barely any rust. He doesnt just want to sell it to anyone he would prefer to sell it to someone he knows cuz he doesnt want to sell it. Im just skeptical of buying a car with that much miles on it

If the car is well taken care of it should be fine right?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
As long as the headgasket, timing chain guides, or the clutch/auto gear box don't take a dump. ;)Or you realize that there is no rust on the outside because mk3s rust from the inside.:D

Mind you I own a mk3 and love them to death, a joy to work on, good looking and functional cars that can perform well. But for 4500 it better be a race car or a show car.

·
Registered
1998 Volkswagen golf GL 1997 Volkswagen Golf Joker
10,080 Posts
As long as the headgasket, timing chain guides, or the clutch/auto gear box don't take a dump. ;)Or you realize that there is no rust on the outside because mk3s rust from the inside.:D

Mind you I own a mk3 and love them to death, a joy to work on, good looking and functional cars that can perform well. But for 4500 it better be a race car or a show car.
all depends on the example.i paid 7800 for mine, but it only had 59k, and it looked brand new.still has 59k and still looks brand new.4500 isnt outrageous:peace:

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
i paid 1200 for mine with 196xxx miles on it...200 to get it going(plus free 2.5 unresonated magnaflow and free bugattis with good tires) and i just dropped another 300 in toys for it(suspension/vr lip)

my interior is getting redone for free from a buddy that works at an interior shop in north scottsdale and paint work happens soon as well

pics upon completion :laugh:

go take the car for a test drive...if you've never driven a vr gti you'll be hooked

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O ive been in the car plenty, it pretty much sits outside my house because it's my sisters boyfriend.

You know, i really wanted a turbo car but theres something about the vr6 that just makes me more drawn into it.

I havent driven it myself because one, ive never asked him. And two I dont really know how to drive stick yet. But im so EAGER to learn!

**** it guys, i think im gonna do it. Just gotta sell my car first.

PS theres magnaflow catback (i think 2.5"), chip, lowered on coilovers, and hes already put like 10 grand into maintence so the car is running good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.