Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I daily a Mk6.5 Jetta 1.8T and I’ve really been enjoying it. It’s my first VW, and I recently found this near abandoned Mk1 Scirocco. The owner has about 6 other projects and hasn’t done anything with this Scirocco yet, so he’s willing to sell it for cheap. The interior is in good condition and it has a 5 speed manual transmission. I’m thinking it would be a fun project, only issue is it currently doesn’t have an engine. I would like to engine swap it to a modern 2.5L or maybe a VR6 of some sort, but the first step is figuring out if it’s worth buying. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Plant Plant community Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Plant Vehicle Wheel Tire
Plant Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Hood

·
Registered
165 Posts
It looks to be in decent shape. But I would be concerned with the condition of the floors. If its been sitting there for any length of time i would be concerened with rust especially around the rear torsion beam mounts. Ive got a 12v vr6 in mine but a 2.5 would also be nice. S-Pautomotive sells kits to mount both in the mk1.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks to be in decent shape. But I would be concerned with the condition of the floors. If its been sitting there for any length of time i would be concerened with rust especially around the rear torsion beam mounts. Ive got a 12v vr6 in mine but a 2.5 would also be nice. S-Pautomotive sells kits to mount both in the mk1.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
I plan to go back and look in the engine bay to see what’s left, as well as clear some of the vegetation out around it so I can take a good look underneath. I’ll be sure to look around that area. And thanks for the heads up about the motor mount kits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts