VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Re: thinking of buying a raddo am i insane ? (EvilVento2.oT)

yes you are and also i hear you like men big mike told me weird dood weird but i am buying a truck this weekend

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Re: thinking of buying a raddo am i insane ? (xlowdubsx)

DO ITTT!
(bigturbostylz)

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Re: (a4forme)

fred, from personal experience, they are expensive whores...fun cars but every electrical part is specific to those cars, you can't just go to a junkyard for parts, you have to deal with people here on the vortex or ebay..and if i remember correctly, glen's car is a bit of a serious project. which you don't have the garage space for. I still say a mk2 or mk3 but what do I know. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
actually buy this clam... http://nh.craigslist.org/car/466435166.html

Modified by tibzzz at 9:06 AM 11-2-2007

·
Registered
349 Posts
need parts for corrados my family owns a salvage yard vw audi only so simply contact me we have a few we striped

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Re: (a4forme)

Quote, originally posted by a4forme »
need parts for corrados my family owns a salvage yard vw audi only so simply contact me we have a few we striped

Oh boy I am all over that. Just throwing one out there........I might need a L/F aluminum knuckle for a 2000 S4. Can you find out if they have one in stock. I won't know if I need it or not until I do my lower control arm. Last time when I did my wheel bearing on that side the sleeve that the ball joint goes into came out still on the control arm, and I can't remember which control arm it was.

·
Banned
3,570 Posts
Re: (CorradoG602)

do it fred- just stay away from the 1.8T swap , haha

my new rally car is a corrado- someone said to me- "but you know how reliable they are right???"
my response.. "not to worry, its getting all mk3 parts, the only thing "corrado" about it is the shell"

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Re: (hkk735)

you will regret it when it blows up and/or a hole in your pocket

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Re: (hkk735)

Quote, originally posted by hkk735 »

my response.. "not to worry, its getting all mk3 parts, the only thing "corrado" about it is the shell"

yup, exactly http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif get rid of all the electrical crap, and they can be a decent car.

·
Registered
20,448 Posts
Re: thinking of buying a raddo am i insane ? (LA7W_20AE)

you guys are babies. rados are fine, just maintain them like you should any car. dont neglect them and expect them to drive like a mk3 2 liter...forever with no oil for example

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Re: thinking of buying a raddo am i insane ? (VW1990CORRADO)

Quote, originally posted by VW1990CORRADO »
dont neglect them and expect them to drive like a mk3 2 liter...forever with no oil for example

Hahaha, very true. Did you ever find a mk3? I remember that you were looking for one?
-Jeff

·
Registered
20,448 Posts
Re: thinking of buying a raddo am i insane ? (vw16v88)

Quote, originally posted by vw16v88 »

Hahaha, very true. Did you ever find a mk3? I remember that you were looking for one?
-Jeff

i am looking like 3 times a day, and cant find any that are worth the asking price. i even look at ones that are a bit more with low miles, and still find bodywork and rust on them. i cant win.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: thinking of buying a raddo am i insane ? (VW1990CORRADO)

Quote, originally posted by VW1990CORRADO »
you guys are babies. rados are fine, just maintain them like you should any car. dont neglect them and expect them to drive like a mk3 2 liter...forever with no oil for example

yeah, yours never had any reliability issues for the 3 years it sat next to your house

fred, how much have you driven a TDI? they're great on mileage but I think you'd get bored...they're slow, despite all the torque. I was driving an 05 mk5 Jetta TDI a few weeks ago, took it from RI to Portland ME and got 40.3mpg going 90mph. Nice car, but slooooow to accelerate on the highway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts