VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm currently an A3 owner and thinking of switching to a TT 2.0. I wanted to ask this group some questions. Please don't flame me if they sound dumb.
1. Are there any known issues or problems with the 2009 2.0?
2. Is the back seat really functional? Can you fit a medium sized dog back there?
3. What kind of prices are you guys getting for the automatic/s-tronic without any options?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
FV-QR

I just made the same switch a couple of months back Izzy.
1. Not that I know of yet. Get the quattro though. and wait for the 2010 since they are coming out real soon.
2. Not really. A dog will fit, or a small child or a short adult with no legs.
3. You can get a decent price. At invoice or below if you got the skillz.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Re: FV-QR (terje_77)

Quote, originally posted by terje_77 »

1. Not that I know of yet. Get the quattro though. and wait for the 2010 since they are coming out real soon.

Izzy, I agree with Terje on this one. Get the new engine in the 2010 and deff get quattro. I had a fwd 2.0t A3 as well, which I miss dearly, but this new TT is bitchin, so that eases the pain.
Quote, originally posted by terje_77 »

2. Not really. A dog will fit, or a small child or a short adult with no legs.

True that, dawgpound!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
terje, I know you switched and you planted the tt bug in my brain. I'd like to wait for the 2010, but I'm talking to a dealer and they're offering me a great deal on a 09 2.0T 2 wheel drive that I don't think I can pass up.
Is having quattro in SoCal worth it? I can see if you live up north you'd use it all the time, but its so dry here. Plus isn't it heavier and get crappier gas mileage? I'm just a cheap bastard that got bit by they TT bug.
I'm glad that most of my friends are dogs, little people or adults with no legs so they can fit in the back. Good to know my boxer will fit back there.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
FV-QR

Dude, the gas mileage is like 2 miles per gallon lower with the Quattro. It does add some weight but you'll still be around 500lbs lighter than the A3. I got a FWD thinking the same as you and it's the only thing that I mildly regret. (that being said, the FWD drives great, especially with an APR chip)
If the dealer is giving you a sick deal, you might be able to pull off something like my deal (about 3.5k below invoice)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: (IzzyA3)

I've had my 2009 2.0 quattro since 9/08 (and love it) but was originally planning on buying the 2008 Stasis TT Touring model (which I took on a test drive). That Stasis car was FWD only with 250-300 HP (and did pretty well on the track to my recollection) and I thought it was a blast.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, 2012 Audi TT RS
1,339 Posts
The back seats are functional to throw "things" on, or to put down and increase the size of the trunk. I'm glad they're there.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
FV-QR

I actually sat in the back seat the other day just to see what it was like.
Here are my findings: I had to move the passenger seat forward a lot just to fit (I'm 5'11", 185 lb.); I hit my head on the rear glass when I sat back (For a sec I thought I cracked the glass from the force of the impact with my skull); and, I got a leg cramp when I tried to get out (I had to do an advanced pilates move and I don't have Chuck Norris skillz...yet).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.