VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I was just thinking today to get a C2 stage 3 kit.
Anyway, before I really decide I wanna know how long does it take to get the complete kit, and I mean complete, nothing missing or anything.
I want to be able to get the complete kit, take my charger off and be done in no longer than week....just like when I got the Supercharger, got it done in two days and the car was ready to drive.
So, I don't want to be without the car for months like some of you guys and than have some issues and be another month without the car...what kinda issues did some of you guys have while removing the head?
Or my other option is to go with a custom turbo and C2 tune or Unitronic

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (rajvosa71000)

I recieved all of my stuff in 6 weeks... trickled in... I was the first one so... meh thats probably what took so long

My problems are well documented. Tune is amazing now. Head problems were mostly self inflicted.

· Premium Member
19,754 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rajvosa71000 »
How did you guys tune it, is it just a flash or you have to be on the dyno and tune it by C2?

Have you seen any of the other 4 C2 build threads in this forum right now? They are each many pages long and answer the questions you've asked so far.
Check them out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (Mr. Rictus)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Rictus »

Have you seen any of the other 4 C2 build threads in this forum right now? They are each many pages long and answer the questions you've asked so far.
Check them out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

If you lock this thread than no DP for you

I saw all those threads, just not in the mood to read through all of them....this thread will help me get the answers I need in one thread

· Registered
2,755 Posts
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (pOrKcHoP bOy)

Spoke with Chris at C2 yesterday, he will ship the rest of my parts to me soon, i.e. I currently the headspacer + raceware headstuds.
I agree with Bdfrd 24v, 6-weeks is about right.
As far as I know, you would yank out the ECU and ship it to C2, then they ship it back, and then yank the ECU back into the car. THEN YOU ARE TUNED!!!!!! (Sorry for overusage of the verb "yank")

Modified by pOrKcHoP bOy at 1:35 AM 3-21-2008

· Registered
2,755 Posts

Alright, I was just thinking today to get a C2 stage 3 kit.
Anyway, before I really decide I wanna know how long does it take to get the complete kit, and I mean complete, nothing missing or anything.
I want to be able to get the complete kit, take my charger off and be done in no longer than week....just like when I got the Supercharger, got it done in two days and the car was ready to drive.
So, I don't want to be without the car for months like some of you guys and than have some issues and be another month without the car...what kinda issues did some of you guys have while removing the head?
Or my other option is to go with a custom turbo and C2 tune or Unitronic

What happened to all that S/C pride?

btw - I only plan on being w/o my car for one-week.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (drumnjuny)

If your looking to do a fast install, go with C2. Its a kit. Its suppose to be a direct bolt on everything fits already kit. Yea your going to have to wait awhile to get all your parts in. But you'll only be without a car for the weekend your doing the install.
A custom kit you could have all the parts in a week or two. But doing the install and custom fab'd stuff is going to take you a little longer to install.
You would probably be without a car for a little bit depending on how dedicated you are to finishing it up. The only other plus with a custom kit is you get to pick all the parts, down to the last clamp. So if you want to use a bigger turbo or a BB turbo, so be it.
Thats the reason i went custom. Because i wanted to pick my own parts.

· Registered
2,566 Posts
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (Sosl0w)

you can install a c2 stage3 setup and rip out the supercharger in 4 or 5 days working after wwork lol http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (pOrKcHoP bOy)

Quote, originally posted by pOrKcHoP bOy »

What happened to all that S/C pride? :laugh:
btw - I only plan on being w/o my car for one-week.

Don't get me wrong, I still like my Supercharger...it's really reliable...my car is so drivable it drives better than stock 24V...I tested a stock 24V GTI at the dealer just for fun...it had about 35K miles on it....my car was way smoother to drive.
The only problem with VF kit is the charger leaking oil...even than, the car is very drivable it's just that you have some oil in your pipes and gotta clean it more ofter....that annoys me the most

· Premium Member
19,754 Posts
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (Lew_Dog)

Quote, originally posted by Lew_Dog »
Wow...Looks like I'm going to the only one left with a reliable FI car...I mean a S/C'd car....

I call WEAK SAUCE!!!

Hey, you forgot about me... there are some others as well!!

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (24valvedGTI)

Quote, originally posted by 24valvedGTI »

you guys are a dying breed!!!!!!!!!

We'll see...I might even hook a light shot of nitrous...but most likely I'd rather go turbo

· Registered
2,566 Posts

We'll see...I might even hook a light shot of nitrous...but most likely I'd rather go turbo
trust me just go turbo, it never ends im already bored lol

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Thinking to go with C2 stage 3 kit, some questions (24valvedGTI)

Yeah, I'll wait a little and see what Arnold @ pag-parts is cooking

EDTI:
And I think it's about time you turbo guys post some good video clips

Modified by rajvosa71000 at 10:49 AM 3-23-2008

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.