VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been posting a bit about some problems I have run into with my Project Rado. Destroyed engine mounts, Coolant leaking (today), oil leaking (today), studdering clutch...etc. Well, I am a dumbass. Trying to find where coolant is leaking from I have found part of the problem of my studdering clutch...observe, for your viewing pleasure:

Oil pan on right and tranmission case on left. (with hole)
Yes, that is my tranmission casing. It seems the previous owner thought his Corrado was just as good off road as on thereby putting a small dent in the oil pan (no big deal) and a large crater in the transmission case (big deal
)
My even though my clutch studdered, this was one of the smoothest Corrado tranmissions I have driven. Oh well, time to break out the space heater and engine crane.
BTW: Previous owner said it got a new tranmission a while ago, and their is yellow writing an the visible side of the tranmission (thru driver's wheelwell) of where is came most likely from a salvage yard...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: This can't be good...*caution*...disturbing picture inside... (SilvBullit)

That's not much to worry about, isn't that the cover side where the flywheel is? If so than it never held fluids anyway. You can fix it with some metal filler or JBWeld and then smooth it out.
No biggy, it just does not look good.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Re: This can't be good...*caution*...disturbing picture inside... (TexasCorradoG60)

When you go to look for your oil leak, check the oil sending unit on the side of the head, the pin/plastic tends crack/loosen and leak. Good luck.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: This can't be good...*caution*...disturbing picture inside... (G60247)

Man, Veedubbers are great people. Thanks for the info. I got thinking after I posted about how Ducati has aftermarket covers for their dry clutches which look like swiss cheese so you can see all the plates spinning. I see guys riding with tose in the rain all the time and it doesn't seem to affect the performance, if anything it keeps it cooler.
Thanks for the relieving and helpful input.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Re: This can't be good...*caution*...disturbing picture inside... (SilvBullit)

*mental note*no off roading with rado, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts