VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
18,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I am NOT one of those people that thinks the Golf V looks like a Civic. The profile is similar but that's all I see. But I know that there are a lot of people who think it does look like a Civic.
Was reading the new issue of CAR about the new NCAP safety legistation regarding pedestrian impact tests. The laws for pedestiran impact are going to more strict for 2005 and all cars sold in Europe must pass this test.
This law will affect how the hood of new cars look as designers now have to take pedestrian safety into account.
The car that scored the higest for this test is the Honda Civic hatchback (and it only got 3 out of 4 stars).
Perhaps this is the reason why the new Golf has a similar hoodline to the Civic?
Quote »
A series of tests are carried out to replicate accidents involving child and adult pedestrians where impacts occur at 40kph (25mph). Impact sites are then assessed and rated fair, weak and poor. As with other tests, these are based on European Enhanced Vehicle Safety Committee guidelines

Modified by MEIN_VW at 11:13 AM 1-12-2004

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.