VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
49,809 Posts
That’s no LS, that’s a regular old timey small block.
I knew I wouldn't be the first to say it. :) :beer:

Not a fan. Sure, it's fast, but it's a completely different character to the car. I've seen built Type IVs, swaps from 911s, rotaries and even a 934, but all of those seem more fitting than a Chevy small block. The car was fairly sophisticated for its day, but the SBC? A robust, strong and easily modded engine for sure, but rather crude. I just don't think it's a good fit. YMMV.

· Registered
1,478 Posts
+1 just a small block, that swap has been done 101 times. And using a carburetor?? What year it is now? We have the technology for better!

I'd drive it though

edit: quick scroll of his IG appears that he pretty much bought as is-ish.

· I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
66,679 Posts

Not a fan. Sure, it's fast, but it's a completely different character to the car. I've seen built Type IVs, swaps from 911s, rotaries and even a 934, but all of those seem more fitting than a Chevy small block. The car was fairly sophisticated for its day, but the SBC? A robust, strong and easily modded engine for sure, but rather crude. I just don't think it's a good fit. YMMV.
I’d much prefer a Subaru swap obviously.

· Registered
838 Posts
I love 914s. Not too bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
93 Posts

Thought the same when I saw the first picture but maybe it's more period correct? A modern fuel injected LS will never sound like a carb'd, cammed SBC. IMHO it's a completely different experience.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.