VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was always wonderin what that little egg carton looking thing under the hood of my cabby is. basic q, but i mean i kinda just ignored it till i saw one in a pic and decided to ask...
i alwasy thought it was like if u were camping, you could put eggs in there and close the hood run the motor and cook em with ease

[Modified by DaPeaz, 9:21 AM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Re: This has me wondering... (DaPeaz)

It is a vacumn resivoir (oxymoron.) That A1's needed with AC. If you ditch your AC you can ditch the egg crate. Others who need AC relocate it to the passenger side fender well/frame rail. HTH

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Re: This has me wondering... (DaPeaz)

quote:[HR][/HR]i alwasy thought it was like if u were camping, you could put eggs in there and close the hood run the motor and cook em with ease
[HR][/HR]​
ahahahaha

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: This has me wondering... (dfinn)

yep, its moved just for looks
And if you have an AC equipped car, removing your AC doesn't mean you can remove the Rabbit Egg Basket.
Because the vent controls are vacuum actuated, you still need the resivour to keep the vents constant. Otherwise your vents will change depending on how hard your standing on the gas...

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Re: This has me wondering... (PDX Cabby)

quote:[HR][/HR]yep, its moved just for looks
And if you have an AC equipped car, removing your AC doesn't mean you can remove the Rabbit Egg Basket.
Because the vent controls are vacuum actuated, you still need the resivour to keep the vents constant. Otherwise your vents will change depending on how hard your standing on the gas...[HR][/HR]​
So that's why it won't blow! I never knew!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.