VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CROSS POST
Hey I recently got the new GIAC flashloader and I was dissapointed with the performance. I have never driven the car chipped without the 4bar. Since then I have been getting 200 miles per tank and I wasnt impressed with performance. So tonight I decided to try the 3bar fpr and when I went for a test drive and all i can say is it felt so much more faster. Now knowing that most of us think, hear and feel things in our head could chaning from 4bar fpr to 3bar fpr really make that much of a difference in performance?
The only mods I have are:
CAI
N75J
Forge 007
GIAC V12 Flashloader

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: This is a CROSS POST 4bar FPR VS 3bar, i tried both.... (Alienex)

do you have a vag?
4 bar probably made it run pretty rich and now that you leaned it up you get more power.

·
Banned
4,542 Posts

Unless you have a way to measure your A/F Ratio, then you are guessing.
Do you have a Dyno in your area or Vagcom or some other means to measure A/F Ratio?
Quote, originally posted by Alienex »
CROSS POST
Hey I recently got the new GIAC flashloader and I was dissapointed with the performance. I have never driven the car chipped without the 4bar. Since then I have been getting 200 miles per tank and I wasnt impressed with performance. So tonight I decided to try the 3bar fpr and when I went for a test drive and all i can say is it felt so much more faster. Now knowing that most of us think, hear and feel things in our head could chaning from 4bar fpr to 3bar fpr really make that much of a difference in performance?
The only mods I have are:
CAI
N75J
Forge 007
GIAC V12 Flashloader

·
Registered
296 Posts

i can back what your saying about the 4bar. i've driven vw's for 15 years now and i'm on my second 1.8t, a 20th a.e. well this is the second turbo car i've owned now and each of them have the upsolute program in it. i let to many people talk me into installing a 4bar into my car, and just felt that the power has gone unless i got it up to 80mph. u can see on sig all the mods i've made, but since installing the 4bar my ccar feels like it sputters from time to time eats gas like theres no tomorrow and just dosen't always want to drive hard. when u have to hit the pedal a couple of times to get the power wheres the fun in it. so yeah after i went back to my 3bar i couldn't believe what my car does

·
Registered
296 Posts

i can back what your saying about the 4bar. i've driven vw's for 15 years now and i'm on my second 1.8t, a 20th a.e. well this is the second turbo car i've owned now and each of them have the upsolute program in it. i let to many people talk me into installing a 4bar into my car, and just felt that the power has gone unless i got it up to 80mph. u can see on sig all the mods i've made, but since installing the 4bar my ccar feels like it sputters from time to time eats gas like theres no tomorrow and just dosen't always want to drive hard. when u have to hit the pedal a couple of times to get the power wheres the fun in it. so yeah after i went back to my 3bar i couldn't believe what my car does

1 - 5 of 5 Posts