2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0 TSI 6 M/T
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not familiar with that part. What is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good news! The block didn't suffered much. I will be able to repair the engine. Only need to replace a piston and do all the other jobs for being sure

Enviado desde mi GM1915 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Good news! The block didn't suffered much. I will be able to repair the engine. Only need to replace a piston and do all the other jobs for being sure

Hey that’s great! From the video it only looked like minimal wall scoring. Nothing a hone can’t take out. Are you planning to replace all the rings??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey that’s great! From the video it only looked like minimal wall scoring. Nothing a hone can’t take out. Are you planning to replace all the rings??

Yeeees, the headgasket too, reworked. I will try to make the best with my budget

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

So I haven't post anything in a while about my progress. We tried to find the piston and all the components since only one cyl had the issue. Founding very expensive parts or barely no parts at all, I found a block in one of the used car parts shops from my country. It had everything I needed brand new (0 miles on those parts), purchased the block, waiting on the headgasket and the valve covers. Engine block will be shipping on Saturday to my city. I have a business trip to the city the block is at but I already paid for it. 350 USD with new piston heads, rods, rings... I think is a good deal

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
So I haven't post anything in a while about my progress. We tried to find the piston and all the components since only one cyl had the issue. Founding very expensive parts or barely no parts at all, I found a block in one of the used car parts shops from my country. It had everything I needed brand new (0 miles on those parts), purchased the block, waiting on the headgasket and the valve covers. Engine block will be shipping on Saturday to my city. I have a business trip to the city the block is at but I already paid for it. 350 USD with new piston heads, rods, rings... I think is a good deal

Very good deal! Your shop treating you good on labor costs?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

My mechanic is a good friend. Yeah, he treats me very well. And he's a bit tired of my car being on the shop lol, now the car is on his house so he can have space for other clients. We work my car on weekends with a cooler and some beers. Not going to stress anymore

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

I ended up spending 1200 usd in rebuilding the engine. All is left now is to get the engine in the car and fire up the engine.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Yes! Everything is good. Car is in a professional European car shop (friend's dad)

Have you done a pressure boost leak test?

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Currently that's the next step. Since my friend told me I probably left some pipes on my first check up

Once you do that, it it checks out okay, you need to log it. Log requested boost vs actual boost.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts