VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. the serpentine belt on the G60.... goes over the charger pulley... under a plastic pulley, over alternator pulley, then under another pulley... what is that other plastic pulley?? and where can i source one?? mine has started making this WONDERFUL racket... half-grind, half-whine... gets really annoying... @ first i thought it was my alternator... turns out, it was.. partially
.. got taht replaced... sound still there..... so.. bearing is gone i'd guess...
soo.. anyone got some ideas??? i'd really like my C to be semi-quiet again... or @ least... loud w/the right noises

-nate

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Re: this is gonna sound... well... newbie-ish... (g60_c)

Stealership...Seriously. They're about $40 each. If your lucky (and you probly are) you can snag one from an A3 2.0 at hte junk yard. Same one MUCH less

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Re: this is gonna sound... well... newbie-ish... (g60_c)

This may be useless advice but if you haven't checked your water pump to see if it is the source of your noise, you may want to. Try removing the smaller V-belt from the lower part of the engine when it's stone cold and running for a couple of minutes. If that sound goes away...
I only suggest this because I got some awful noise under my hood once and thought it was one of the other pulleys but it was the water pump.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: this is gonna sound... well... newbie-ish... (autopimp)

quote:[HR][/HR]This may be useless advice but if you haven't checked your water pump to see if it is the source of your noise, you may want to. Try removing the smaller V-belt from the lower part of the engine when it's stone cold and running for a couple of minutes. If that sound goes away...
I only suggest this because I got some awful noise under my hood once and thought it was one of the other pulleys but it was the water pump.
[HR][/HR]​
already in the middle of taht

i was getting some noise from it.. not alot.....
and there was also a bit of play in the shaft... so i figured "hey... lets replace it.." i mean.. i just rebuilt the engine.. and that's usually a standard replacement during a rebuild.. but... anyway... everything BUT the pump is outta the car right now...
so that should be going in this weekend.. and i'll just deal w/the pulley noise for a little while.. till i can afford a new one anyway..
as always.. thanks for the input everyone

-nate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts