VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am pulling up to the light at York and Bay here in Hamilton, right at Copps Coliseum, and I see this dark silver convertible with dual exhausts.
Sure enough its an S2000 with Maine plates on i,t with a young guy at the wheel.
Now I'm behind him admiring the car, from behind the wheel of my modestly modified WE Golf, and the lighjt changes to green. Usually after a few beats I lean on the horn if the car in front doesn't seem to want to move, but not today.
Don't ask me why, but I had to pull around him and gun it. Before I had a chance to pass him, my Borla exhaust wakes him up and he does not like what he sees.
Now there was too much traffic and I wasn't racing, but he didn't like this loud 4door Golf pulling past so he guns it.
Boy do those things shreik. It takes them forever to get up into the powerband (at least this guy did) but once it got there it screamed like two big crotch rockets. It sent shivers down my spine.
Because of traffic he couldn't get away from me (I had ducked in behind him, I'm not going to try and tell you I beat him or anything, THIS IS NOT a racing story), so after a few blocks he turned down a side street. No smile. No wave.
The time I had fun with the Supra and the Porsche Turbo I at least got a smile out of the guys. They both kicked my ass, but it is still fun to see and hear a really cool car put it down to the ground.

[Modified by Bob Roberts, 4:21 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: This is NOT a racing story! (Bob Roberts)

i didn't race an altima 3.5 and i didnt stay right with him.
i didn't play with a 16v jetta in the twisties and i didn't get a wave

today was fun

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
Re: This is NOT a racing story! (audiphile)

quote:[HR][/HR]i didn't race an altima 3.5 and i didnt stay right with him.

today was fun[HR][/HR]​
LOL...nice try http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Re: This is NOT a racing story! (BananaCo)

quote:[HR][/HR]i didn't race an altima 3.5 and i didnt stay right with him.

today was funLOL...nice try http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
My thoughts exactly. Started out okay, but you guys can thank audiphile for locking this post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.