VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Re: this is....totally wicked (morecarsthanbrains)

They've had that car for almost two years. A lot of people think it's wicked. The problem is that people who are willing to spend that kind of money think that it's an abomination. The vintage Porsche crowd is very fickle and that car has too much going on for it to be taken seriously at that level.

·
Registered
46,829 Posts

Isn't thins a repost from last year? I recall people fawning over this car before.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Re: this is....totally wicked (Smindustries)

Quote, originally posted by Smindustries »
They've had that car for almost two years. A lot of people think it's wicked. The problem is that people who are willing to spend that kind of money think that it's an abomination. The vintage Porsche crowd is very fickle and that car has too much going on for it to be taken seriously at that level.

couldn't of said it better

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: this is....totally wicked (drdrew)

Just to be a hater. I think it looks garish. It ruins the original.
Yes, this is my opinion.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That amount of work and modifications should have been done to a replica.
And why is the bottom so nasty? Generally cars with that much work and in that price range are clean everywhere.

Modified by onebadbug at 9:57 AM 3-19-2009

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Re: this is....totally wicked (drdrew)

Exterior mods are too gaudy for a car of that caliber. Although I can appreciate the work that went into it, the owners/builders will never recoupe the money and labor that they put into it.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I really like that. There are a few details I'd change such as the roof scoop/rear window and the six exhaust tips which is excessive & looks goofy. Otherwise I like the sleek, salt-flat racer look.

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
FV-QR

I actually don't like that car - the chopped roof ruins the curves for me. That and the odd vents and chrome pieces on the rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: this is....totally wicked (reticulan)

Quote, originally posted by reticulan »
Exterior mods are too gaudy for a car of that caliber. Although I can appreciate the work that went into it, the owners/builders will never recoupe the money and labor that they put into it.

classic car owners are all the same though. they hate it when looking at/ reading about it and bash it but the moment it shows up at a show, theres a line and an endless amount of questions. this is guaranteed.
there are only a few cars that you can restore AND make, or at least break even, on and those are very few and far between. the people who built this one had a vision and i love the way they went with it.

·
Banned
731 Posts

Does anyone know the origins of the little windows with mirrors on the pass. door and roof? I'm sure its based on something from racing history I've just never seen it before.

·
Registered
18,050 Posts
FV-QR

i'm not a fan of the chromed venting. otherwise:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Re: this is....totally wicked (sonofernest)

Quote, originally posted by sonofernest »
Does anyone know the origins of the little windows with mirrors on the pass. door and roof? I'm sure its based on something from racing history I've just never seen it before.

I think that the car is busy and it must feel hellish to be squeezed into it but, these mirrors are interesting.

·
Banned
731 Posts
Re: this is....totally wicked (Grinder)

Quote, originally posted by Grinder »

I think that the car is busy and it must feel hellish to be squeezed into it but, these mirrors are interesting.

I guess there can't be a rear-view, but why the one in the door?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts