Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
Sorry, I need to vent. I just met a fellow Vortexer at a local GTG who had sent me an IM out of the blue telling me all about how the Lysholm can barely support a 1.3L motor, let alone a 1.8L. He was telling me how the efficiency sucked. He was telling me that there's no way my car is making more than 160 at the wheels. And he truly thought he was correct!

I tried to explain to him that my car made over 170 to the wheels (and over 186tq) 2 and a half years ago with a Stage 4. Now, I have a fresh motor, TB work, race ported head, lysholm w/ 20lb pulley, FMIC, ignition, 2.5 exhaust, etc etc etc. Apparently none of those things are going to add any power according to this guy.
I came to find out he was "one of the first" to try the lysholm and they are "old news" to him. Apparently, he's one of the poor guys who could only manage 160 whp from a 2.0L 8V Lysholm. Sucks to be the guniea pig, and jealousy sucks even worse.

Anyway, his user name is XKROMX, and apparently he used to work at Velocity (this scared me because he didn't even know what Digifant lag was, and he tried to tell me that any centrifugal blower will make more power than a positive displacement blower. He also said the lysholm was inefficient compared to the G-Lader). People like this selling parts and giving others advice?! Ack!!!
Has anyone spoken with this guy? THEN he went on to say his 117-hp ABA Rabbit would spank me. I had a 134-hp 16V '83 GTi gutted to hell, and there's no way it came close to my Raddo now. I tried to explain this to him. Then he wanted to bet $100 that I'd never hit 200whp because it's "impossible."

Give me about 6 weeks, and I'm gonna take that $100 bucks from him. I am almost finished.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (URIN 2ND)

jesse's 2.0 16V made 163whp on digifant-1.
n/a
kinda makes some stage 4 folks feel a little grim. Mine made 162whp stage 4 15psi lol.
thankfully the go go gadget nitrous made up for it as your torque goes ballistic you don't need the hp.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (URIN 2ND)

lol. some crazy bastid in europe got 300whp from the PG head/block and g-lader with some serious work. forget his name but its been confirmed/discussed many times.
never had my car on a dyno but i'm willing to bet my rado puts out 160whp as is and i haven't even really started tuning it yet.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (slingshotG60)

name sounds familiar. could be the one. i didn't really partake in any discussions about it.. just remember reading posts about it on the UK forum and many people were eager to speak up and confirm 300 as an accurate number. 50mm intake/exhaust ports on PG head/block is all i remember about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (slingshotG60)

David,
Why do you say the infamous Jeron Dik?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (finzup)

I think it's because no one actually saw a dyno from his car that wasn't done with MS Paint.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts

there was an interesting point about JD's car on the 16vg60 list if you listen in..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (mrkrad)

Hard to listen in when we aren't given the channel.

Skip to the point...what was it?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts

He runs his cars cold at high boost with the high compression 16v motors to make the power he does. When it warms up...It pings and he shuts it down. I was readin that on the 16vG60 deal this mornin

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (DubG60)

thats how you make big #'s on the dyno's. Run em cold. Unfortunately not very easy to do for durty south boyz since its f'ing 80F in the morning.
But it makes sense, motors make alot more power when cool, its the best time to drive a rado

Then again detonation can be easily solved with race gas C16 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Quote, originally posted by URIN 2ND »
Then he wanted to bet $100 that I'd never hit 200whp because it's "impossible."
Can I get in on that bet? I could use $100 for a smaller pulley and belt

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (finzup)

Quote, originally posted by finzup »
David,
Why do you say the infamous Jeron Dik?

no reason really.
he is pretty well known worldwide for his G-lader tuning.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

i met that guy at new dimensions last year..he was all about the lysholm then..and I made 162/181 at 4500 rpms with my lysholm and some fueling issues including a fuel pump that was cutting out on me and a prototype chip.. and the same dyno day jesse put his numbes down on his digi 16V his homie from, mexico beat it with his caddy truck with a 16v digi setup...
Branden

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (Padfan1)

If anyone is going to place bets it will be through me, I was there and I know how it unfolded step by step cuzz Sean told me. Someone's gotta handle the money so you can paypal it to (160whp not possible in a rado with a [email protected])
And I won't screw you fellow vortexers like some have, have trust in me. NOW START PAYING UP

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (1967ghia)

I will openly take bets...but you'd be stoopid to bet me 100 bucks before knowing what lurks under the hood.

I've screwed over many a rice rocket that way.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts

common Sean, Ive screwed over rice rockets with my 1.8 71 bug. That's notin special, I wanna see you smoke one of dem saleen's we saw, then you'll be my hero.

·
Registered
452 Posts

i also went. thanks vintdi! and ray and everyone at dynolab...
i hit 191.5 whp and 182.3wtq...
well this raddo almost hit 200 whp. check out the dyno sheet.

BTW.....this is from G60RRADO(Larry) in the Bay Area......Nor Cal
Pretty good sh!t id say!
Modified by CrazyDragon at 10:38 PM 7-3-2003

Modified by CrazyDragon at 10:39 PM 7-3-2003

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: THIS JUST IN...a Corrado G60 won't make more than 160whp on Digifant, an ... (CrazyDragon)

that would be me
, wesss side represent
trying to anyway....
sean i'm sure you'll hit over 200 whp, have to... are you still 1.8 pg? aba?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.