VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...has to be the biggest understatement ever. I first ran into this statement when I installed my Neuspeed shortshift and again last night installing the EvoMS CAI. For those that have not had the pleasure of doing these installs I will translate this direction into English. Roughly it means, you will not be able to get the part out. You will curse, a lot. You may throw things and you will most likely scream. God will not help as you yell his name in vain. You will pull, pry, yank and tug while the piece will not budge. However, after roughly 15 to 45 minutes you will walk away from the part and wonder why you ever decided to mod your car in the first place as factory pieces sit all over your garage/driveway/street. When you finally go back to remove the piece, it will pop out easily as if the thing was laughing at you the whole time...
Anyway, the intake is pretty cool, much louder with a nice sucking sound. If you take you foot off the gas while the turbo is spooling or shifting gears, you can hear the car 'exhale'. Climbs to higher RPMs with ease. While there were times I was convinced that the tubing was designed for another car, it does fit real nice. A little difficult to get the right setup because of the three different tubes and needing to get them lined up just right, but all in all, the back pain I am now suffering from all the pulling is worth it. I would reccomend putting the car up on Rhino Ramps or something as it will make it easier to tighten the clamp for the filter underneath the car.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Re: This may require some bit of force... (1.8t_owner)

quote:[HR][/HR]... God will not help as you yell his name in vain. You will pull, pry, yank and tug while the piece will not budge. .[HR][/HR]​

oh sweet jebus!!!
i plan on putting a diesel geek in, isn't it cheaper?

·
Registered
25,744 Posts
Re: This may require some bit of force... (1.8t_owner)

Did you remove the shroud around the headlight to allow room for the CAI pipes?
If that's out, and the battery is removed, that install shoulda taken 45min.
Mine was cake.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Re: This may require some bit of force... (Jman5000)

when i did my evo intake on my vr6 i also experienced the 'this may require some bit of force' in the instructions (especially on that part where the lighting plugs used to clip onto) many wounds from that thing hehe

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: This may require some bit of force... (Jman5000)

Yes, the shroud was out as well as the battery, but the factory air intake from around the headlight was a bitch. Broke the plastic around the top two connecting plugs and could not get the one underneath the light by the fender to release for a good 30 mins or so. The fact that you cannot see where this connecting plug is due to its location is what I think made it soo difficult to get out. lizerd, I also had big problems with the piece that the light connection was clamped to. Had to break the clip with a screwdriver for it to come out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.