VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

This morning my car was stolen.

13K views 75 replies 45 participants last post by  2ndGearSlump 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE!

Remembered I had an ezpass in the car and called to cancel it this morning. When I called I found out it had been used yesterday morning (day of theft) at 3am at a toll booth headed north. This gave me a pretty good idea the car was in Manchester. Went searching for a bit this afternoon and got a call it had been recovered.

From what I've gotten so far it was picked up in Manchester and the person(s) driving it were arrested. Don't know specifics but hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow.

After much back and forth with multiple police departments I got it released, checked it out, found no damage and drove it home.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

While some things were missing from the car. Nothing of value was taken, the registration was still in it, and they even left half a pack of menthols....

Although I did get the initial call from the police, I also got facebook messages and texts from a friend of a friend of a friend who spotted it while the thief was being arrested and snagged this pic. Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this isn't a regional forum, and I did post in the new england forum, as well as some subaru websites. But I figured the more exposure the better.

This morning my rallycross car was stolen from my grandparents driveway in Nashua NH. It was taken somewhere between midnight and 5am. It is the least inconspicuous vehicle ever and shouldn't be hard to spot. It isn't worth anything, doesn't have any nice parts, look like crap, but I want it back.

Keep an eye out and if you see anything please call/text me at 978 237 0840.

The picture below is slightly different than how it looks now but very similar. Only changes being both bumpers are now black and there are two large black squares on both front doors. Both front seats are purple corbeau seats.

Please spread the word to anyone in the area. The more eyes the better chance. Thanks!

http://nh.craigslist.org/laf/4579881438.html

See less See more
#5 ·
That is what you get for leaving your purse and extra key in there. Just pray that Killer makes it back in one piece.

#11 ·
Potentially, but in similar fashion to the rest of the car, they are faded, slightly ripped, old seats I snagged on craigslist for $40. In fact I made brackets for the drivers seat but was just mocking the passengers up. It's just sitting on the passengers floor. :laugh:

#14 ·
TCL on point as usual. While I hadn't painted it yet, the new suspension, clutch, shift linkage, valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires actually had It running pretty well.

#22 ·
This morning my rallycross car was stolen from my grandparents driveway in Nashua NH.
So wait. This car was parked in your grandparents' driveway?

I am really sorry to hera about this -- it's always tough having a valued possession stolen. But if this thing was parked in my driveway, I would do everything I could to see that it disappeared. Hell, is it possible that your grandparents' neighborhood has an HOA that towed the damn thing?

#32 · (Edited)
Dem Duke boys are at it again.

#42 ·
It might be too late now, but have you thought about wiring in a clever kill-switch? Maybe something that requires you to clap your hands twice, or a button on the radio, to make the car start-able?
It can be a great supplement to an immobilizer-equipped car, which I doubt your car is, thus increasing the need for theft-deterrents even more.

Sure, thieves could always tow it, but that's why it's called a theft-deterrant and not a theft-stopper. The white wheels don't help.

I'll keep an eye out.

#45 ·
Check the area scrap yards and craigslist.
Some people steal cars that look like they should be scrapped. Rip off anything they can sell on the side (wheels, tires, seats, battery, stereo) and then take it to the crusher for a few hundred. But the metal scrap yard is supposed to demand the proper paperwork to show the seller is the owner...

#46 ·
Been searching craigslist and have some friends doing the same. Already gave local yards a heads up but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up in one. Just going to keep looking.

#57 ·
Remembered I had an ezpass in the car and called to cancel it this morning. When I called I found out it had been used yesterday morning (day of theft) at 3am at a toll booth headed north. This gave me a pretty good idea the car was in Manchester. Went searching for a bit this afternoon and got a call it had been recovered.

From what I've gotten so far it was picked up in Manchester and the person(s) driving it were arrested. Don't know specifics but hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow.

After much back and forth with multiple police departments I got it released, checked it out, found no damage and drove it home.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

While some things were missing from the car. Nothing of value was taken, the registration was still in it, and they even left half a pack of menthols....

Although I did get the initial call from the police, I also got facebook messages and texts from a friend of a friend of a friend who spotted it while the thief was being arrested and snagged this pic. Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.