VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
18,868 Posts
Again, I've got the free uBlock Origin and don't see any ads. If you guys are still complaining about seeing ads, you're doing it wrong. You also seem to forget how often the old POS forum broke down and needed fixing and band-aiding.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Again, I've got the free uBlock Origin and don't see any ads. If you guys are still complaining about seeing ads, you're doing it wrong. You also seem to forget how often the old POS forum broke down and needed fixing and band-aiding.
I almost want to create a fake account and "spam" the forum just to trigger... everyone. :D

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Is there a good uBlock equivalent for Android? I did some searching and it all looked sketchy.

·
Premium Member
'20 V60, '14 ATS
11,849 Posts
I know that people hate change, but I just laugh at the users that are angrily stomping off from a community they like because of a change in visual formatting.

For the record, the interface works so much better.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,252 Posts

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,399 Posts
There have not been any forums added...all of these were always here. I do agree that there are way too many, always has been. A lot can be addressed with the use of prefixes in threads.
I think you misread my post. Let me correct one thing...

Biggest issue not addressed in the redesign: There are still too many forums.

My point was they should have cleaned up the forums/sub forums while they were redoing everything else. Leaving it exactly the same is like moving into a new house and bringing all your old junk with you. It's time for the admins to drop some stuff off at the Internet Goodwill.

·
Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
1,793 Posts
It's a change.
I'm sure there are a lot of features I'll never use.
My Pi Holes helps with the ads.
I'm debating if it's worth it to get a badge to use the site full width. I assume getting a badge means no ads when I am not on a pi holed network.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
I think you misread my post. Let me correct one thing...

Biggest issue not addressed in the redesign: There are still too many forums.
Agreed. For example, why so many Lambo forums? Do that many people here really own Lambos that they need separate forums? Does each separate flavor of engine need its own? I dunno, just wondering. The classifieds are another good example. I don't know how one would consolidate them, but the sheer number right now is kinda crazy.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Is there a good uBlock equivalent for Android? I did some searching and it all looked sketchy.

I use ad guard to block ads at the system level.

It works fantastic.

However just a FYI it does sometimes work too well. For instance I need to temporarily disable it to get the fit bit store to load, and clicking on ads in google searches will be blocked.

Well worth it for an ad free experience everywhere.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Thanks - I don't have an issue with ads on most mobile sites but want to get rid of that small one that floats on the bottom of the screen.

·
17,761 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
... and no "Uncheck All" button. Sweet.

This has reminded me of the times of the mass exodus of the old timers from AW when some rocket scientists in their infinite wisdom decided to change the interface that a lot of folks were used to and happened to like. I guess it's time to start looking for another forum.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

This has reminded me of the times of the mass exodus of the old timers from AW when some rocket scientists in their infinite wisdom decided to change the interface that a lot of folks were used to and happened to like. I guess it's time to start looking for another forum.
It just fits in with all the other forced social media trash.

MUST RAM NOTIFICATIONS DOWN YOUR THROAT FOR EVERY SINGLE TINY THING EVEN COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT THINGS THAT HAVE ABSO****INGLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU

Notifications have just become a ****ing cancer on humanity. God forbid you get 5 whole minutes without notifications of some useless trash from something somewhere that has nothing to even do with you.

·
Registered
738 Posts
One thing never ceases to amaze me while trying to comprehend the mindset of those clowns. Do they really expect me to just give up and succumb to the avalanche of garbage that they are trying to shove down my throat by making me painstakingly uncheck every stupid checkbox manually? All they have succeed in is pissing me off by wasting my time on doing so.

I have severed TV service to my house many years ago precisely because I prefer to pull information in at my discretion rather that allow it to be pushed down by a 3rd party. Marketeers deserve an extra hot frying pan in hell.

·
17,761 Posts

Just send everyone email with your list of grievances. Global list is located here.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts