VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
40,103 Posts
This is horrible.
Im assuming it’s pretty rough on a PC, it’s fairly busy on iOS via Chrome but not too too bad. I just don’t like the layout all that much. The ads aren’t really that much of an issue. It could be far worse, I’d assume.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I think you misread my post. Let me correct one thing...

Biggest issue not addressed in the redesign: There are still too many forums.

My point was they should have cleaned up the forums/sub forums while they were redoing everything else. Leaving it exactly the same is like moving into a new house and bringing all your old junk with you. It's time for the admins to drop some stuff off at the Internet Goodwill.
I agree.

Many of the forums could be condensed with the use of prefixes. We did that with our Ski Resort regions. Instead of having a forum for each region, we use a prefix. Click on any of the prefixes, and then you get just those threads.

Click on one of the prefixes and get...

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,205 Posts
Back in the day, the Vortex was all about prefixes

[B5] where can I get a 1.8T badge?
[Mk4]nevah lose!!
[NB]Whats in your flower vase?

Etc.

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
One thing never ceases to amaze me while trying to comprehend the mindset of those clowns. Do they really expect me to just give up and succumb to the avalanche of garbage that they are trying to shove down my throat by making me painstakingly uncheck every stupid checkbox manually? All they have succeed in is pissing me off by wasting my time on doing so.

I have severed TV service to my house many years ago precisely because I prefer to pull information in at my discretion rather that allow it to be pushed down by a 3rd party. Marketeers deserve an extra hot frying pan in hell.
I updated my notification preferences (all of them) and it took me all of four minutes to accomplish. It’s really not that big a lift.

·
Registered
CarTruck, Wagon
10,743 Posts
One thing never ceases to amaze me while trying to comprehend the mindset of those clowns. Do they really expect me to just give up and succumb to the avalanche of garbage that they are trying to shove down my throat by making me painstakingly uncheck every stupid checkbox manually? All they have succeed in is pissing me off by wasting my time on doing so.

I have severed TV service to my house many years ago precisely because I prefer to pull information in at my discretion rather that allow it to be pushed down by a 3rd party. Marketeers deserve an extra hot frying pan in hell.
Which clowns? Vertical Scope or Xeno? (which came from vBul). You're comparing bad UI from the xeno team to cable tv? Frankly, some of the notifications are nice since half the time on here, you have no clue who is responding or "paging" someone. Do you know how much info Vertical Scope is collecting on you? They are a corporate overload (partially owned by Torstar and a private equity group), not old VMG whom was a huge part of the community. VS is just here for your page impressions.

It took me a minute to uncheck those I don't want to see.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,205 Posts
A lot of y'all seem to think this forum exists as a purely humanitarian effort to serve your needs.

No. Vertical Scope isn’t a non-profit. This forum exists to serve you ads, to collect your data, and to turn a profit for the parent company.

Complaining about so many ads on your free online forum is frankly just silly.

·
Registered
46,443 Posts
Didn't I see the old emojis posted somewhere here recently? Anyone got the link?

·
Registered
46,443 Posts

Sadly, I see they no longer move like they used to.

·
Registered
29,716 Posts
A lot of y'all seem to think this forum exists as a purely humanitarian effort to serve your needs.
No. Vertical Scope isn’t a non-profit. This forum exists to serve you ads, to collect your data, and to turn a profit for the parent company.
Complaining about so many ads on your free online forum is frankly just silly.
Don't tell us what we don't want to hear.
You're not my mommy.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Which clowns? Vertical Scope or Xeno? (which came from vBul). You're comparing bad UI from the xeno team to cable tv? Frankly, some of the notifications are nice since half the time on here, you have no clue who is responding or "paging" someone. Do you know how much info Vertical Scope is collecting on you? They are a corporate overload (partially owned by Torstar and a private equity group), not old VMG whom was a huge part of the community. VS is just here for your page impressions.

It took me a minute to uncheck those I don't want to see.
I'm super interested in such a valued contributor that has averaged just over 3.2 posts a month for 19 years.

It's no Chapel or BReal...

·
Registered
63 Posts
The new layout is a bit annoying, as most so called upgrades. But honestly, it aint as bad I feared.
It is bloated, so large that I need to use zoom settings to fit on the small screen.
Some of you may remember what happened to audiworld, after they got bought and change their bulletin board, people left for quattroworld

81 - 100 of 110 Posts