VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: This should be fun (92foxrox)

I'm with Ian: I'll pass. Q skirts probably would look better. I have never gone in you big ground effects kits like that. It's something about the "bolted-on" look of stuff like that that gives me bad dreams.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Re: This should be fun (TeraFox)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm with Ian: I'll pass. Q skirts probably would look better. I have never gone in you big ground effects kits like that. It's something about the "bolted-on" look of stuff like that that gives me bad dreams.[HR][/HR]​
Besides that, dig these flares!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: This should be fun (92foxrox)

quote:[HR][/HR]Anyone notice the body kit for sale in the classifieds??
Mad scramble time, unless most are full of BS. Hmmm, imagine that.
LP [HR][/HR]​
I can sum that up in one word.........FUGLY.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Re: This should be fun (foxmancometh)

I dunno. I like the kit. alot.
If I had the money and no issues with my car right now, I'de get it.
But, I have a head I need to pick up from the shop next week, and some other parts on wait right now. So, that kit will have to wait if no one gets it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: This should be fun (HiJinx)

That is an Autobahn kit if not a knock-off of it.
And I like it. I've been dying to get my hands on a bodykit or piece together one for my Fox ever since I saw Tom Dudek's red 2-door with kit and 15" TWS wheels.
I would also be snatching it up if I didn't need to do strut mounts, a clutch in the somewhat near future, and replace my steelies and worn tires with my teardrops and some good rubber.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: This should be fun (EbrakeTurnFox)

There seem to be a lot of "if only" responses here. If somebody actually likes this kit, they need to buy it. I know it seems irresponsible in the light of more important needs like a clutch, but these are not going to turn up often. Figure out a way to make the clutch and other needs wait and go get this is you want it. We don't drive Sciroccos: stuff like this dosn't grow on trees. If you want it, figure out a way to get it. If I saw an aluminum B2 oil pan, I would go hungry for a week or two to grab it.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts

You are totally right!
*digs through pockes, crawls on floor, looks in couch, tries picking fillings out of teeth*
damnit, I have 3 cents.
grrrr
hehe, Na, I get paid in two weeks. I think if its still there i'm getting it. Maybe I can get the fiance to get it. I did dish out and buy her a ring instead of coil overs and turbo and recaros for me......
seems only fair right?

ya right, we all know it doesn't work like that. damnit. :~(

·
Registered
45 Posts

I already put groceries on my credit card this month. And my Fox has had a rough month. Water leaked into my ECU and killed that, plus messed up the electonic portion of the fuel distibutor and fried the differential FPR at the same time I suppose. I could not diagnose it on my own, or the first few mechanics that looked at it either. (everyone here on the tex just kept telling me o2 sensor, wrong) That is why I paid a small fortune to have it fixed by the VW mechanic. Does anyone here know what the differential FPR cost new??? Its like OVER 200 bucks. The JY one I found didnt work so I had to buy a new one.0
So my car got an ECU and fuel dizzy from a JY, brand new pressure regulator, new spark plugs cus it fouled those, oil change (cus fuel got into the oil), new valve cover gasket, and some sealer around windshield this last month and put me out a LOT of dinero. I sure wish I coulda fixed it myself.
But with all that said, I think I might try and get this kit. Its funny though, for the last year or so I've been trying to convince myself I'd rather go with the old-school look of factory wheels (teardrops in my case) and no bodykit. But to be honest, I WANT one. Will this kit fit a 4-door though??

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I did dish out and buy her a ring instead of coil overs and turbo and recaros for me......
seems only fair right?
[HR][/HR]​
Ha. HiJinx, you really are a sucker! You bought her a ring? The master of the ring has power over all the universe. She makes the sun rise and set. Then she makes the sun set forever and never rise.
My... precioussss... Thieving hobbits... They stole it from us... We can let HER kill them... Yess....

·
Registered
45 Posts

Yea I'm recently married.
And My wife knows about the kit thats for sale, but I don't think she has any idea I'm sitting here considering buying it, even though we paid just about every bill at the last minute this month, and put groceries on the credit card....
I mean, she just started working full time and we'll catch back up in no time if I put it on the credit card and...... look at me trying to justify it to myself. lol

·
Registered
521 Posts

Has anyone noticed that the price has jumped to $400.00 now? NO WONDER the guy didn't answer any emails when he was selling it for $250.00.... I emailed the guy the first day this was posted with cash in hand looking for an address. No response from the guy to emails. I was ready to jump on it but since the guy seems to be acting in a shady fashon.... I think I'll keep my money and work on my own.

·
Registered
521 Posts

I emailed him three times asking for details and payment type accepted etc... no reply. I bet he saw the number of interested buyers and figured he could get a lot more for the kit. I had hoped to use it to make molds and pull a few kits for everybody here before putting it on my car. At this point there is no way I'm going to deal with this guy. I'm beginning to wonder if he even has the kit.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

It is nothing like the Autobahn pieces that were available from VW; for one there was no rear piece available in the Autobahn line. I also can't tell which piece is for the front bumper and which for the rear. The original price was $250, no? If the guy's bumped it up for $400, he can keep them. Since this guy isn't answering e-mails, who is to say whether "Fox body kit" is even for a VW Fox? And if anyone's ordering, be aware that the Autobahn skirts were of 2 lengths: one for 2d and wagon, the other for 4d. So the skirts won't be "one size fits all". And wagon bumpers are different from 2d and 4d ones, so I don't know whether the rear piece will fit wagons or sedans.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: This should be fun (VW Fox)

quote:[HR][/HR]be aware that the Autobahn skirts were of 2 lengths: one for 2d and wagon, the other for 4d.[HR][/HR]​
So the 4d Foxes have different wheelbases from the 2d models? I have only one wheelbase (235.8cm) listed in my sales brochure. I thought only one set of exhaust components existed for all Foxes. Augh! How can this be?!
It concerns me because my TeraFox exhaust was made for a 2d, so I might have to lengthen it. Anybody have experience with ordering TT exhaust for a 4d? was it a different part from the 2d?

·
Banned
804 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Anybody have experience with ordering TT exhaust for a 4d? was it a different part from the 2d?[HR][/HR]​
I don't see anything listed in TT's catalog about a difference between the 2dr and the 4dr. My 4dr parked along side a 2dr doesn't seem any different.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.