VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i saw the 16v head conversion kit for the aba from bbm and it got me to thinking. is there an adapter kit out there or is it even possible to put the 16v head on a mkiv 2.0l aeg? plans in my head (2.0l aeg block+16v head conversion+bbm supercharger = wicked powerful mkiv golf 2.0)
any help will be much apprecited :) mad 2.0 respect is needed and this is how we can get it .

·
Banned
3,839 Posts
hows easy is it to do the 20/20 swap instead ? it's the head from the 1.8t right ? send me a link on 20/20 swap please?
It isn't easy.
Yes, it's the cylinder head from the 1.8T 5v motor. (20 valves total)

and i know the 16v head conversion has bin done but i really wana go superchrager.
If you want to go supercharged, just stick with the stock 2.0 8v head.. It's easy to make 200whp with a S/C kit with proper upgrades, like:
BBM S/C kit or Neuspeed S/C kit (of course)

A cam with lift lower than .432" If you want to keep the stock valve springs such as:

260/256 Autotech cam
260* TT camshaft
268/260 TT cam (One of the best for boost)

Full exhaust 2.5" mandrel bent (You can use a VR6 TT exhaust on the 2.0)

A good tune (C2 is the best IMO)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
It isn't easy.
Yes, it's the cylinder head from the 1.8T 5v motor. (20 valves total)

If you want to go supercharged, just stick with the stock 2.0 8v head.. It's easy to make 200whp with a S/C kit with proper upgrades, like:
BBM S/C kit or Neuspeed S/C kit (of course)

A cam with lift lower than .432" If you want to keep the stock valve springs such as:

260/256 Autotech cam
260* TT camshaft
268/260 TT cam (One of the best for boost)

Full exhaust 2.5" mandrel bent (You can use a VR6 TT exhaust on the 2.0)

A good tune (C2 is the best IMO)
He has a mk4, so only option is Nuespeed SC... and its definitely not "easy" to make 200hp with the right upgrades. Even after excessive head work, big cam, full exhaust, and w/m I have never seen anyone break the 170 hp range with the Nuespeed SC

·
Banned
3,839 Posts
He has a mk4, so only option is Nuespeed SC... and its definitely not "easy" to make 200hp with the right upgrades. Even after excessive head work, big cam, full exhaust, and w/m I have never seen anyone break the 170 hp range with the Nuespeed SC
Ah. I suppose I should have worded that differently. My friend makes 150WHP on his neuspeed S/C kit with mild mods. I suppose if you could get a custom pulley made and somehow plumb a intercooler in you'd get some good numbers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive thought about the neuspeed sc and if i could get one cheap i would definately do the build and plum in an intercooler, do a smaller pully, bigger cam, valves springs etc and i would probably only get around 190hp.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the mk4 situation could be fixed with the 16v head conversion leaving me open for other possibilities bbm supercharger, turbo setup dont matter ;)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
ive thought about the neuspeed sc and if i could get one cheap i would definately do the build and plum in an intercooler, do a smaller pully, bigger cam, valves springs etc and i would probably only get around 190hp.
There is a whole build thread on here, someone spent extensive time/money trying to plum an intercooler in and it was not successful. Dont mean to bash dreams but I do not think 190 hp is feasible with the nuespeed sc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.