VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The photos of the "jetta" are camuflaged. That is not the final design of this model. Do you remember the first photos of the "new" jetta IV? the front was the same one of the golf IV.On these photos happens the same thing. VW is not stupid to release photos before introduction in the autoshow of paris 2004, those photos are only the way of vw can do any kind of test before the people can see the final design. So don't worry, that wont be the final design. I think that the new design of the new jetta is going to be based on the new passat so it is going to be a beautifull design.

Modified by amartinez1253 at 7:22 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Re: Those photos are not the new jetta V (amartinez1253)

who are your sources?
I'd be very happy if the Jetta got a unique, more Jetta-like front end; but what they've given us honestly isn't that bad.
I do remember the original Jetta IV spyshots with a Golf IV front end, it was a dark blue car I think.
The new spyshots of the US Spec. GTI show more squared off bumper mounted side marker lights than those found on the Jetta V picture. I'd think that the Jetta, Golf, and GTI would all have the same side marker lights, which leads me to believe that the picture of the Jetta V isn't 100% correct.
I hope that you are right, but I'll believe it when I see it. The greenish/gray pic can't be too far off because, after all, it's not a totally different car from the Golf.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Re: Those photos are not the new jetta V (amartinez1253)

What you're saying makes a lot of sense. I hope you're right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts