VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if there are many of you still out there. Seems like everyone that ordered one has them now. But, may have found why it took so long.
Got this off Car and Drivers Site.
"Volkswagen said that strikes by employees in eastern Germany would have so far cut production by 20,000 units, Reuters reported.
Members of the IG Metall engineering union are striking to reduce the working week in eastern Germany by three hours to 35, the standard in western Germany.
VW had already said it would have to stop producing its top-selling Golf model at its main Wolfsburg plant this week if the strikes continued. And BMW said the strike had stopped production at its Munich factory, where it builds 800 3-Series cars per day, and at Regensburg, where it makes 850 of the cars, the story said."
Glad I got mine!
Boxter

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (Boxter)

east germany, west germany... I thought it was just Germany now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (gtivrsix)

35 hour work weeks... wow where do I sign up, ever since I turned dumb and went into technology work I have had minimum 50 hour work weeks...

·
Registered
305 Posts

i thought all of the golf/gtis were made in brazil.....i could be wrong though...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (yellow20thgti)

AGREED! Technology wa supposed to make our lives easier. Just made me spend more time at the office!
Quote, originally posted by yellow20thgti »
35 hour work weeks... wow where do I sign up, ever since I turned dumb and went into technology work I have had minimum 50 hour work weeks...

Boxter

·
Registered
12,763 Posts

That news shouldn't matter, the 20th's are being built in Brazil with the rest of the Golfs and Jettas.
I believe only Passats, Phaetons, and Touareg's are built in Germany anymore.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (U n i o n 0015)

Its most likely all the parts of the car, engine tranny, interior parts those are made in Germany on some Gti's Golfs and Jetta's..

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (gtivrsix)

Quote, originally posted by gtivrsix »
east germany, west germany... I thought it was just Germany now.

Yeah, note he wrote " eastern , as in the east side of Germany...not "East Germany". http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote, originally posted by yellow20thgti »

You think that's bad......those same striking workers, and almost everyone else in Europe right down to the lowliest grunts, get like 6 weeks PAID vacation a year.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (cary67)

Alright time to start a Technology union.. anyone want to ban together, I am picketing my work tomorrow... Crap I can't need to pay for my new car

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (JMG2298)

Quote, originally posted by JMG2298 »
Its most likely all the parts of the car, engine tranny, interior parts those are made in Germany on some Gti's Golfs and Jetta's..

where are you getting this?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Alright time to start a Technology union.. anyone want to ban together, I am picketing my work tomorrow... Crap I can't need to pay for my new car

Modified by AkVdub at 7:12 AM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
6,165 Posts

Tsk tsk tsk, Americans are rubbing off on Europeans

Modified by the pik at 9:16 AM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
6,178 Posts

All the Golf's & GTI's sold in North America come from only Brasil. The Jetta's that come here are from Mexico, along with the Beetle and Bug conv. Only the Jetta wagon comes from Wolfsburg now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Those waiting on the 20th AE they ordered...... (TURBO PAUL)

Indeed, North American Golfs (and GTI's) come from Brazil, but Golfs sold in Europe may be assembled in Germany. Not sure about that...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts