VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont have a major system but every set of rear shock i have get killed caus eof my system. im debation on eliminating one of the subs and making a smaller box or find a suspesion solution in which i wont kill shochs and have 5mm differnce between the front and rear of the car. imagine a full tank and the same amount of wieght in you trunk and you have and idea. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (2fastCorrados)

Ask BellevilleCorrado.....his ICE is off the chain.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (KrazeeKorrado13)

I have the same problem, I got like at least 75-100 pounds of crap in the back, car is stock height, and the rear looks dropped, so now the nose sticks up in the air. When I get my suspension, Ill probably order heavier rate springs for the rear.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

Why can't you guys just get a nice amp and 1 JL 12" sub for the trunk! I mean that one 12 the a nice power plant should fill a hatchback with plenty of bump. Then it will only be like 25lbs. added?
. But if it's a show car then go ahead I guess the rest of us will just say more money on gas, cause you know that's gotta be killin your MPG

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (speediG60)

Or figure it out, each gallon of gas weighs approx. 7lbs. If your system weighs 45 lbs, just fill up to 12 gallons every time you gas your car up and it will be like driving around with a full tank of gas

·
Banned
100 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (2manyprojects)

I have bilstein/neuspeed setup...
I guess that's why my system is going going going.....gone...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (R E M U S)

Quote, originally posted by R E M U S »
I have bilstein/neuspeed setup...
I guess that's why my system is going going going.....gone...

same i got. by the way who though u ho to weld......

well i have a nice amp and 2 10's decent light wieght crap. its the box that makes it heavy. it wieghes close to 60lbs.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (KrazeeKorrado13)

Quote, originally posted by KrazeeKorrado13 »
Ask BellevilleCorrado.....his ICE is off the chain.

He's running either FK or Koni coilovers IIRC. I've got a Crossfire W12D DVC 12" in the truck along with 2 amps and I have no suspension problems. I'm running Bilstein Sport and Neuspeed Race. Could it have something to do with the fact that both BellevilleCorrado and myself are G60's and as such our suspension is stiffer to begin with than a VR6? Also, I'd have the pressure on your shocks checked. Bilstein's have lifetime warranties and if you're losing pressure they will rebuild and repressurize the shocks under that warranty.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (mithril)

thats why im looking for coils, who sells coils where i can request stiffer setting for the rear?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2fastCorrados »
thats why im looking for coils, who sells coils where i can request stiffer setting for the rear?

Not sure if anyone sells coils with rear's stiffer than the fronts. You may need to go with the dampening adjustible coils that each maker sells (usually as the top of the line == $$$$) and then manually dial in the front and rear dampening to match your tastes. Just remember that with coils, as you lower the car you're lengthing the primary spring so the suspension gets a little slower the lower you go. Usually it's not a big deal, but in your particular case it may be.

·
Registered
Miata RF, Q5, XJR, Element
4,507 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (mithril)

I have a pretty heavy box in the rear 2 twelves the box takes the whole trunk
I've been runing Konis (yellows) with H&R race springs for about 5 years now and never had a prob. I have to say my set up is pretty stiff

·
Registered
690 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (VR6GURU)

one word coilovers it makes the ride stiffer but it handles like a dream
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

and i have 3 tens
an rockford amp
and rockford cap
= allot of weight......but it sounds so good

Modified by EURO_POWER at 4:08 AM 2-18-2004

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (EURO_POWER)

i only rock ice from Kay Jewelers and i have H&R coilovers

·
Banned
3,148 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (sensory overload)

My full system weights about 23 pounds ... cd player, 1 amp, 1 set of components, 1 12inch sub in a carbon fiber box.

Im running Tokico illumina adjustables with vogtland springs.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Re: those with ice, what suspesion are you running. (marcopolo)

Quote, originally posted by marcopolo »
vogtland springs.

I believe they market a set specifically designed for people with heavy systems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts