VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other morning I got up and went out to start my car to warm up, soon has I turn the key over I hear this LOUD screech sound like metal to metal, eminently I cut the key off, waited a min start the car back up hear the ticking noise for like a sec then it goes away.... Im guessing its a cold start but Im sure I screwed something up after that loud screech sound ... it omost sounded like you stepped on a cats tail ... had me scared ... car seems to run fine right now, I think im going to start looking for a used motor and refresh it up...

· Registered
41 Posts
Re: Thought i spun a rod bearing (EricL157)

this happened to me shortly after I got in a wreck and changed my oil for the first time (after buying it used).It did this for about 30 minutes in my garage off and on while revving through the rpm's.the screech went away(must be fixed ha ha) but the famous ticking started.I'm fairly sure that it was just a cam follower but I haven't had time to check it out yet.I'm not sure what the cause was but I'm guessing the wreck.I'm just waiting til it blows up so I get the most out of my $100 deductable on my warranty.

· Registered
17,384 Posts
Re: Thought i spun a rod bearing (EricL157)

Quote, originally posted by EricL157 »
The other morning I got up and went out to start my car to warm up, soon has I turn the key over I hear this LOUD screech sound like metal to metal...

Sounds like your starter.....

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, I dunno.. I hope it was one of the following, starter or alternator.. beats buying a new engine... It didnt happend this morning, but then of course it was warmer, that morning it happend there was snow on the ground... and it was like 15 degrees out... so who knows... ill just wait and see if something goes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.