VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
17,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Down at the 12 Hours of Sebring this week, there was a white R8 that we were granted access to a few times. So what's the first thing we did when we got there? ... Grabbed the keys to the R8 of course.
We left the track and headed out for a cruise on nearby Route 27 to watch other car enthusiasts headed toward the event... hopeing to run back into the guy in the ZO6 that we'd encountered while in a Q7 TDI. No such luck on the Corvette, but then we looked in the mirror and saw this thing. The 1000hp Bugatti Veyron -- The R8 is fast, but the Veyron is something else with twice the cylinders and... oh yeah... the turbos.
The owner pulled up next to us at a light. Nice guy. He mentioned he had a black R8, along with an Ariel Atom and a 911 GT3 RS that his buddies were driving around. That's a pretty impressive garage we must say.
More Sebring Photos

· Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Re: Thought I Was the King in an Audi R8. Then I Looked in the Rearview Mirror. ([email protected])

LOL

· Registered
5,944 Posts
Re: Thought I Was the King in an Audi R8. Then I Looked in the Rearview Mirror. ([email protected])

With a garage that includes an R8, Veyron, and Ariel, plus enough scratch and coolness to allow other people to drive them, I'm sure he as lots of buddies hanging around. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,469 Posts
Re: Thought I Was the King in an Audi R8. Then I Looked in the Rearview Mirror. (WakeHead)

Quote, originally posted by WakeHead »
With a garage that includes an R8, Veyron, and Ariel, plus enough scratch and coolness to allow other people to drive them, I'm sure he as lots of buddies hanging around. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

i am willing to be one where do i sign up
D

· Registered
6,549 Posts
Man, that's like being the quiet, shy guy at the high school, then finally mustering up the courage to take the hottest, nicest, most popular girl in school to prom, getting the flowers, having pictures taken at her folks' house, getting the obligatory lecture from her dad, arriving at prom, being oogled by everybody, getting jealous stares from all the fellas and a whole lot of newfound attention from Miss Popularity's hot friends . . .

. . . then seeing your best friend walk in with Jessica Alba.

· Registered
18,601 Posts

How can I get your job? Seriously, read and write about cars, sit on TCL/Motive/Vortex/Fourtitude, and make enough money to afford an S6. I am envious.
Quote, originally posted by Wellington P Funk »

. . . then seeing your best friend walk in with Jessica Alba.

She's pregnant. You can have her.

· Registered
322 Posts
Re: (Matt D.)

Quote, originally posted by Matt D. »
Chop that mirror to read "Faster than they appear".

Ask and you shall receive... yea i know its not the best but i didnt really want to spend all my time trying to find out the exact font but whatever. Pretty sweet image btw.

* If anyone knows the type of font feel free to share *
Thanks
Chris http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
17,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Thought I Was the King in an Audi R8. Then I Looked in the Rearview Mirror. (Jetty!)

Quote, originally posted by Jetty! »
How can I get your job? Seriously, read and write about cars, sit on TCL/Motive/Vortex/Fourtitude, and make enough money to afford an S6. I am envious.
She's pregnant. You can have her.

The S6 is our Fourtitude/Motive long-term car and thus effectively a company car. I don't make the payments. I don't know if that makes it better or worse, but there you go.

· Registered
5,042 Posts
Re: (lowredcabrio)

Goddamnit my buddy went to 12 hours of Sebring, wish I coulda tagged along. Looks like there were some awesome cars there though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Re: (InfinitiG)

I would be happy to be there in either car, just to be able to ride in one, let alone drive one would be awesome. Not to mention being able to listen to the sweet exhaust notes from their engines and what not, it would be sweet!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.