VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
It's just something I found, to try and help give you some visuals without seatrialing the boat.

Comparing the wake of a wide beam planing hull to a much larger boat with a much different hull shape is not fair.

3800 RPM is likely too slow for that boat, but he was in 3 footers. From the info I gave you on BOC, you should be able to take that video and the info in the thread and at least get a mental idea of how the boat performs.

You know maybe I just research and ask questions more than others do, but to me, ANY video of a prospective boat on the run is valuable.

·
Banned
19,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Comparing the wake of a wide beam planing hull to a much larger boat with a much different hull shape is not fair.
It's totally fair. The Hatt should throw a ton more wake if the Bayliner is actually fully planed off. You can see the "whale tail" coming off the Bayliner...that's a sure sign it's not really planed off...stern too low. But that said, when the Hatt sells, definitely will be checking one out in person.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts