VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,793 Posts
Re: thoughts on phantom grip lsd (never-lift)

Consider getting a differential bolt kit and the peloquin 80% shim kit..
It'll be better than that phantom grip thing..

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Re: thoughts on phantom grip lsd (never-lift)

You don't want that. First off it's not an LSD, it's just a gadget to lock the diff under certain conditions. In order to install it you have to get to the differential, which means you will have to completely disassemble the tranny which is some real work with tools you probably don't have. And to have a tranny shop install it, you might as well get a real LSD cuz the cost to install will be the same. You ought to get a peloquin 80% shim kit like the guy above said. This isn't a real LSD niether, but all you have to do is remove the driveaxle flanges to install and the only extra tools you need are circlip pliers and maybe a gear puller (~$30), unless ya wanna spend an hour beating the flanges off with a mallet. The shim kit plays off the factory 3% Limeted slip effect and increases it to 80%. I have it, it works pretty good, not as good as a real LSD but it's only like $90 for the kit. I got mine here http://www.fastvws.com/acatalo...d.jpg, but I think http://techtonicstuning.com/ Also sells it.

·
Banned
24,199 Posts
Re: thoughts on phantom grip lsd (blackvento36)

an 02A is actually rather easy to take apart, its the shimming and putting everything back together is the harder part.
for this as well as most things, you dont get something for nothing.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Re: thoughts on phantom grip lsd (ThatGuy)

Quote, originally posted by ThatGuy »
an 02A is actually rather easy to take apart, its the shimming and putting everything back together is the harder part.
for this as well as most things, you dont get something for nothing.

His sig says 97 jetta gt, so he should have an O2O, setting bearing preloads was the kindof thing I meant by it being a pain to open the trans

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.