VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how reliable tire patches are. i had a staple stuck in my tire and had to get one today. i would prefer to just get a new tire, but i've heard that since i've got an r32 the tires must be replaced all at the same time. i've only put on maybe like 5000 miles with these tires, so i'm not sure if i could do just one tire or not. do the patches effect the speed rating of the tire? any info you guys have would be great, i tried the search on here but came up with nothing. google only seemed to have instructions on how to do it. thanks!

· Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,577 Posts
they work fine, but, if the hole is on the outer shoulder blocks, the tires should be replaced.

It wont be as strong as the original tire, but they work fine enough.

DIY? Clean using the reamer. Clean using a little contact cement on the reamer. Thread patch onto the needle tool. Push patch until it just gets in there complete. It is self-vulcanizing

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks doc, that's what i was looking for. would it be best to just get one new tire? i'd like to say i don't need to worry about going any faster than 99, but i do. it's not all the time, but it's not the time when i want a tire to fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.