VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So reading my Haynes last night I guess there are three types of front brakes put on A2s. Teves, Girling, and Hayes. I'm replacing my pads this weekend so I guess I'll find out which ones I have in my 91 GL. Can anyone tell me ahead of time which came on which cars? Are the pads the same for all of these? Lastly, is one type better than another? Thanks all

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Re: Three Types of Brakes on A2 (4DoorFury)

Well, I know you have 9.4" rotors in the front, but im not sure what type of pads. My 10.1's use Girlings.... But if you make sure you get pads for the 9.4"s, you should be okay. any napa/autozone/etc should know what you need.
~Pete

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Re: Three Types of Brakes on A2 (4DoorFury)

Quote, originally posted by 4DoorFury »
So reading my Haynes last night I guess there are three types of front brakes put on A2s. Teves, Girling, and Hayes. I'm replacing my pads this weekend so I guess I'll find out which ones I have in my 91 GL. Can anyone tell me ahead of time which came on which cars? Are the pads the same for all of these? Lastly, is one type better than another? Thanks all

Pay no attention to the Haynes manual... get yourself the ever so faithful bentley. It won't confuse you half as much, and where there are different parts the bentley tells you how to figure out which ones are right for your car by the VIN number.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Re: Three Types of Brakes on A2 (brandon002)

but just remember - modded cars rarely have what the VIN sez they have...
BUT
The Bently ALSO tell how to ID the parts you DO have...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts