VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a particular problem that I believe is the throttle body. When I am driving and I have the ac on, my car will start to idle real rough and then stall. After this, it won't start back up for a while.
I read not to long back that it was probably a dirty TB. I also notice that my is "slugish" for a VR6, at least my buddies is faster than mine and we have the same mods. Because of these problems, and cuz I just want one, I was thinking about getting rid of the jetta and going with a GTI that my buddy has for sale. This needs a new syncro for 2nd gear thouh. what is the cost to have this done?
Sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Re: throttle body?!?!?!? (vr6g)

A Jetta and a GTI, all things the same, the GTI is lighter and faster. Second gear is going to be a lot more labor intensive that a new TB. If your TB is dirty, try cleaning it before you buy a new one or a different car. Check your alternator and your Pulleys. Something could be causing the alternator to slow down and not maintain a charge for the engine to run.
P.S. change your signature

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: throttle body?!?!?!? (tatge)

clean your mass air flow sensor connection, not the actual sensor but the connection, also do the same to the tps sensor. I used to get the fluctuating when my AC worked, and when i would clean the mass air flow sensor connection it would clear it right up. You may have to get a very fine grit sand paper to get off any corrosion,and also look for some electrical contact cleaner.
later
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.